{ Chapter Thirty }

Amanda felt more prepared for a fight after talking with Elliot and Olivia late into the night. They discussed that something might have made Dominick change so drastically, but all three of them knew Dominick would never tell them. He would just claim that his change was because of Amanda being irresponsible to shove the blame off of himself.

"You appear to be in a better mindset today." Trevor spoke as he met Amanda at her house.

"I am. I talked to Olivia and Elliot all last night, so I feel more at ease. Less alone." Amanda replied.

"Good. So, are you ready to discuss what Dominick and his lawyer told me?"

"What? You are already talking to them?" Amanda asked with wide eyes. Trevor nodded as he took a mug from Amanda.

"I contacted his lawyer and told him about what Dominick was doing, like the threats and how he reported you to your bosses." Trevor replied.

"And?"

"He wasn't impressed at all by Dominick's behavior. He even told me he turned Dominick away a few weeks ago when he tried to sue you for custody of the baby. I'm hiring a PI to follow Dominick and figure out if something is happening."

"I'll go talk to him." Amanda frowned.

"No, you won't. You shouldn't be in contact with him until after we discuss things in a controlled environment. Okay?"

"Trevor, I will not listen to you on this. I'll talk to him and if I can't figure out why he seems to have a stick up his butt, then you can hire the PI."

"You are so stubborn." Trevor grumbled, and Amanda nodded.

"You should be used to that by now, buddy."

///

Amanda saw Trevor out before driving out to Staten Island to see her ex husband. She didn't call or text Dominick to warn him, because she didn't want him to figure out an excuse to not be there. To avoid her completely.

She knocked on his front door loudly when she arrived at the house, and Dominick came quietly to the door. He looked at Amanda before swallowing hard.

"What are you doing here?"

"I have some questions that I'd like answers to. So are you going to invite me in, or make me freeze out here?" Amanda asked, and Dominick rolled his eyes before letting Amanda into his house.

"What questions do you have to ask? Because if they are stupid ones, I should send you straight to see my lawyer. Run them past him." Dominick smiled as Amanda shoved her hands into the pockets of her jacket.

"Something has changed in you, and I really don't like it. You aren't the man who I fell in love with, and I'd like to know what happened. Especially since I'm sure we will be raising this baby together." Amanda frowned.

"Nothing is wrong with me. You are the one that changed." Dominick huffed.

"Stop." Amanda sighed.

"I'm not doing anything!" Dominick yelled. Amanda walked over to him before hesitantly grabbing his hand. She squeezed it as she looked up at him. Dominick looked above Amanda's head so he would be forced to make eye contact with her.

"I'm not here to fight, Dom. I'd just like to know what is happening. You are mean, and you never were before... so what's happening? Is something wrong with your sisters? Are you sick?" Amanda asked gently. Dominick swallowed hard before looking down at Amanda.

"I miss you." He whispered.

"You miss me? C'mon, tell me the truth." Amanda breathed. She pulled him closer before grabbing his other hand. She ran her fingers over his knuckles as Dominick's breathing changed.

"I miss you a lot and I regret getting a divorce from you." Dominick sniffled. He quickly pulled his hands away from Amanda, before turning around so his back was to her. 

"Is that why you are so angry? Because you miss me? You could have just told me." Amanda frowned.

"Tell you what? That I'm being a dick because I miss you and I want to get back together with you? That I was too scared to have a baby with you, but I hated myself as soon as I kept telling you no." Dominick frowned.

"Dom... you should have just told me. We could have figured something out together, but instead you threatened me and reported me to my superiors... I'm suspended because of you."

"I'm sorry." Dominick whispered as he turned back to look at Amanda.

"Can we stop fighting? Because I don't want to be stressed out this entire pregnancy... I'd like to enjoy it. I have never enjoyed being pregnant before." 

"I love you, Amanda... and I'm done being a dick. I just don't want anything to happen to you. You and the baby are incredibly important to me."

"That won't work." Amanda replied, before turning and moving back to the door.

"What? Why not?!" Dominick exclaimed.

"You do realize that I have two kids at home that don't understand what happened? They miss you, and they don't know why you are only fighting me on the baby and not them."

"Can I come home? I'll make everything up to you three! Please!" Dominick begged as he rushed to Amanda's side. He grabbed her waist and pulled her close as he closed his eyes and leaned down to kiss her. 

"Stop being a dick and we can figure stuff out."

///

Amanda called Trevor and told him to just forget about everything for a bit. She wanted to deal with things her way, and if she needed more help, she'd go back to him. Amanda then went home, and the Jenna ran right to her.

"Mama!" Jenna exclaimed as she ran out of Olivia's house and straight to her mother.

"Hey, babe! How were you for Mommy?" Amanda asked.

"I was great! Jimmy got in trouble though." Jenna spoke. Amanda nodded before placing her daughter on her hip before moving back towards the house.

"I'm not shocked, love. Now, go grab your backpack and get your brother. I'm going to talk to Mommy Liv, okay?"

"Okay!" Jenna exclaimed before running towards the stairs as she yelled for her older brother. 

Amanda went into the kitchen and smiled when she saw Olivia checking over a ton of homework for all the kids.

"I heard that my son got in trouble?" Amanda asked, and Olivia nodded.

"I'd recommend grounding him because he cut off Stella's ponytail." Olivia spoke.

"Oh, shit... Liv, I am so sorry."

"It's not your fault... he got a time out and had to apologize. But I did tell him that you might change your mind and punish him more. Now, where did you go?"

"Oh, I went to see Dom."

"What?" Olivia asked, and Amanda nodded.

"He said he's being a dick because he misses me and regrets getting a divorce from me. So I guess we will see if he's lying or telling the truth."