{ Chapter Eleven }

Declan left without saying another word. Amanda was exhausted, but knew that she wouldn't be able to fall asleep after her talk with Declan. All she could think about was how he wanted to get back together with her, as if they had ever been an item to start. Their fling had been a one night thing, and the only good thing that Amanda got out of it was Jimmy. He had made her a mom, and he was one of the few steady things in her life.

Now all she could think about was falling into the wrong bed, twice, and how messy it made her life every time.

"Mama, where'd Daddy go?" Jimmy yawned as he wandered into the kitchen. Amanda took a slow breath before turning around slowly and looking at her son.

"He went home. You will see him again soon, I promise." Amanda sighed. She walked over to her son and swung him into her arms before kissing his temple gently.

"Mama, can you tuck me back in?" Jimmy mumbled as he buried his head into Amanda's shoulder.

"Of course, Jimmy..." Amanda trailed off.

She took her son back into the room he shared with Jenna, before tucking him in. She caressed his hair for several long moments, before leaning down and kissing his forehead gently.

"I love you, Jimmy. I hope that everything works out for your sake... I know that you already love your Daddy so much."

"I love you too, Mama." Jimmy trailed off as his eyes grew heavy and he finally fell back asleep.

///

Even if Amanda didn't want to, she had to go into work the next morning. She left the kids with her sitter, before heading into the precinct. She arrived earlier than usual, which gave her and Dominick some time together.

"Hey, Mandy." Dominick smiled softly, as he walked into the squadroom and found Amanda sitting at her desk.

She turned her chair around quickly before standing and walking over to him. She wrapped her arms around his body without saying a thing, and just focused on breathing and calming herself down.

"Amanda, are you okay?" Dominick asked gently, as he rubbed her back and held her closer.

"Declan came over yesterday and met Jimmy. He also got all pissy with me when I explained who Jenna's father is. I wasn't ready to see him yet, but then he just shows up and fucks with me."

"Did he hurt you-"

"He didn't touch me, Dom. He just pissed me off and acted like he was perfect... but I know otherwise." Amanda spoke, as she leaned back and locked eyes with Dominick.

"What do you know?" Dominick mused, as Amanda rested her head against his chest. She let out a sigh before stepping away and walking back to her desk.

"He wasn't undercover during my pregnancy with Jimmy, at least not all of it. And he hasn't been undercover for the almost three years of our son's life. He chose not to be Jimmy's father, because he didn't want to be weighed down by a kid. And when he found out that Elliot is Jenna's father, he got all judgy and started to act like he hadn't done anything wrong in his life." 

"Don't let him get to you, Amanda. You have changed, and are an amazing person. One that I love so very much." Dominick spoke, before stopping with his mouth wide open. Amanda eyed him before nodding slowly.

"I love you so damn much, Dom... and thanks for that. A lot of the time I just don't know what I'm doing or who I am."

"You are amazing, didn't you just hear me?" Dominick said gruffily, since he was still recovering from opening his heart up to Amanda.

"I did... why don't we just drop this all and pick it up later. Maybe tonight?"

"I'll bring over a pizza."

///

When Amanda went to pick up Jenna from Olivia and Elliot's house on Sunday, she was shocked when she found Elliot and Declan in the middle of a fist fight in the front yard. Amanda quickly parked her car before sprinting towards them as she yelled for them to stop.

"Stop it! Stop being fucking idiots, and stop fighting!" Amanda yelled, as she grabbed Declan by the back of his shirt and tugged him back. He stumbled around before pulling his fist back and going to punch Amanda. She quickly leaned down and dodged it, before Declan went falling to the side.

"You two are dumbasses!" Amanda huffed, as she stood and shoved Elliot.

"Hey! He came over and started the fight! He punched me in front of Jenna!" Elliot spat, as he went to go after Declan again, but Amanda shoved him again and he finally seemed to get the idea. He had to stop.

"Why did he come over and try to kick your ass? I'd really like to know." Amanda frowned, as she turned and saw Declan still laying on the grass as he breathed heavily.

"He came over and told me that you and I had to break up! But we aren't together!" Elliot growled.

"Oh my god, Declan! Elliot and I aren't together! He's still married to Olivia, and we are co-parenting Jenna together! And even if we were together, you have no right in deciding who I can be with or not."

"Jimmy is my son!" Declan finally exclaimed, as he sat up and looked at Amanda and Elliot.

"Now he's your son! You didn't want him when you found out I was pregnant with him, but now you want him! I will date who I want, and I don't want you. I barely want you around, but we share a kid. At least Elliot is a good father and a good friend, compared to anything you have ever been."

Amanda walked passed Elliot and into the house. She found Jenna on her blanket and she didn't seem phased at all by what had happened outside.

"Are you okay, love?" Amanda asked gently as she lifted Jenna up and covered her face in kisses.

"I wouldn't let Declan hurt her-" Elliot started, and Amanda turned and looked at him as tears welled in her eyes.

"Never, and I mean never do that in front of our daughter again."