{ Chapter Six }

Elliot and Olivia went into work late the next morning, since they had spent all night talking and doing things that they hadn't done in over a year. When they walked in, they were holding hands and their lips were swollen from kissing all last night and most of this morning too.

Amanda looked up from her computer and swallowed hard when she saw them together and happy. After everything that had happened, she knew that she had to take all the heat, but she also missed her friends. She missed the relationships she had with them, and how she and Olivia had been like sisters. Now they were nothing at all.

"You two are late." Fin sighed as he leaned back in and his chair and stared at the detectives.

"We were up late last night and needed to sleep in a bit. We contacted Cragen and got the all clear to come in late." Elliot spoke quickly as he completely avoided Amanda.

He wouldn't even look at her or acknowledge her presence.

"Are you two good or not?" Fin asked, as he glanced over at Amanda and saw that her face was pale and tears had welled in her eyes.

"We are working towards being good... Amanda, Elliot and I have to talk to you after work." Olivia spoke, and Amanda nodded slowly.

"O-okay." She whispered.

///

The work day ended too fast for Amanda. She was nervous about what Olivia and Elliot had to talk to her about, but she was pretty damn certain that it was about Jenna. All of the crew, but Amanda, Elliot, and Olivia left early. So they were the only ones left in the squadroom. Amanda was shaking as she pulled her jacket on before hearing Olivia start to address her.

"We need to talk about Jenna." Olivia spoke, and Amanda nodded slowly.

"That is what I assumed... I know that Elliot wants to be apart of her life and I want that for them... and I guess I really don't have any right to ask for I want..." Amanda breathed. She was pretty damn certain that Olivia and Elliot wanted to take Jenna away from her, and it scared her to death. She was willing to lose her friends, but she didn't want to lose her little girl.

"Amanda, we aren't stealing Jenna from you. We'd never do that." Elliot spoke quickly. Amanda nodded slowly as she tried to blink away the tears that welled in her eyes.

"So, do you want custody of her?" Amanda breathed, and Olivia sighed as she looked at her.

"Of course he wants custody of Jenna. You aren't going to control how much or little time Elliot gets with Jenna." Olivia spat. Amanda was trembling at this point, and she had a hard time keeping herself upright.

"H-he's her father. Your kids are her siblings. You are her step-mother... m-maybe she'd be better off with you all... I-i need to get home." Amanda whimpered, before she stumbled from the squadroom.

Elliot sighed as he ran his hand over his face before looking at his wife.

"She's scared, Liv." He frowned.

"Maybe we should get Jenna. Raise her without that fucking whore ruining her!" Olivia yelled.

Elliot swallowed hard before shaking his head.

"We aren't taking Jenna from her. She will be raised with our family, and Amanda's family. Amanda is a good mother, and I have seen it first hand. You have too. So, why don't we go and try to catch her before she leaves." Elliot spoke, before moving to grab his wife's hand and force her from the squadroom.

"Why do you keep standing up for her?!" Olivia screamed at her husband. Last night had been amazing, but now she was just angry again.

"Because you will never stop treating her like shit. And if we want to have time with Jenna, we gotta start playing nice. Okay? You have to start at least being civil with her. You don't have to be best friends with her again, but you at least need to share kind words with her to insure that Jenna can be apart of our family."

"Now you are telling me-"

"If you fucking ruin this for me... I think I will be the one angry at you. I will be the one pissed off at you, just like you are with me. So we are going to go home and be with the kids... together. I'm not staying at the apartment anymore."

///

Elliot, even though he was being forceful and told his wife off, still ended up on the couch that night. But at least he was home with his family. He woke up the next morning to knocking on the door. He quickly rolled off the sofa before opening the door before the knocking woke his kids and wife.

"What?" Elliot huffed, before his eyes went wide when he found Amanda standing there with a sleeping Jenna in her arms.

"Hi... so, I know that Olivia wants nothing to do with me... and you want Jenna. So she's yours." Amanda spoke, before quickly trying to pass Jenna into Elliot's arms, but he refused to work with her.

"No." Elliot breathed.

"Elliot, please just take her. She's better off without me... I feel horrible for Jimmy because I'm his only parent... but I think my Mom could take him. Then I won't ruin him... and Jenna will be so much better off with you and Liv. I'm a shitty person and an even worse mother. So please take her. Please." Amanda sobbed. Elliot looked at Amanda before shaking his head. He pulled her into the house before helping her sit down on the sofa.

"Is Jimmy in the car?" Elliot asked, and Amanda nodded.

"Y-yeah... I'm going to take him back to Atlanta and just disappear... please-"

"What the hell is happening down here?" Olivia swore.

"I'm going to go get Jimmy out of the car. Liv, can you stay with her?" Elliot spoke, and Olivia went to object, but Elliot stopped her as he quickly left the living room.

Olivia looked at Amanda and saw as tears streamed down her cheeks.

"Why are you here?" Olivia sighed.

"Because I want Elliot take Jenna."