{ Chapter Seventeen }

Judge Harrison's statement was when everything started to fall apart for Declan. He knew about Kim's past, but he didn't think that it would be brought up in the middle of his fight for custody of Jimmy. He also thought that as soon as Kim's last name changed to Murphy, that they wouldn't figure out what had happened before, yet he was a cop and knew that it wasn't too hard to find out about someone's past. 

"ALL I WANT IS MY SON!" Declan yelled, as Olivia was quickly escorted from the room as Declan's outburst started.

"Yet I don't feel safe sending a little boy home to a place where his step-mother, whom is also his Aunt, could become addicted to drugs again and could possibly leave those substances in arm's reach of him!" Judge Harrison replied quickly. She was growing angry with Declan, and it was clear through more than just her words.

"That bitch just keeps taking my kid from me and you are just going to allow it?! I want my son and I want to be the only one to have him! So just sign him over!" Declan spat, as Amanda shook in her spot. Trevor laid his hand against her arm and gave it a squeeze as they watched this horrible outburst play out in front of them. They watched as Marie lost complete control of her client.

"Mr. Murphy, sit down!" Judge Harrison ordered, but he wasn't listening to anything at the moment.

"I'm not going to sit down when that bitch is controlling everything! She gets to tell me when I can and cannot see my kid! She gets to move on and allow her fuck buddy to raise my kid! It's dumb and I won't fucking stand for it!" Declan yelled, before quickly pulling a shiny silver gun from his waist band. 

Amanda started to breath heavily as she grew more scared than she has ever been in her life.

"Declan, put it down. Don't do this." Marie begged, but Declan wouldn't listen to her.

"Amanda, give me my fucking son. Now." Declan demanded, as he turned and aimed his gun at Amanda.

She swallowed hard before shaking her head.

"Shoot me if you want, Declan. But you will never get my child."

///

Dominick paced in the hospital waiting room. He hadn't been told much, but he knew that he just had to get to the hospital because something bad happened. Something bad happened to his fiancee.

"Carisi, sit down." Olivia urged, as she tried to hide her red stained palms.

"Liv, what the hell is wrong with Amanda? What could possibly happen during her custody hearing that could cause her to be rushed to the hospital?" Dominick questioned rapidly, as he continued to pace. Sitting still made him too anxious, but pacing helped to take his mind away from what was happening.

"She was shot." Trevor grumbled, as everyone turned and looked at the tall lawyer. He was slowly walking towards them, his arm in a sling. He had also been shot, but it was only because he was trying to stop Amanda's bleeding and that only made Declan angrier.

"S-shot?" Dominick struggled to breath.

"Declan got incredibly angry when Judge Harrison spoke about Kim's past. He said he just wanted Jimmy and for Judge Harrison and Amanda to give Jimmy to him. But Amanda refused. She wasn't giving Jimmy up that easily." Trevor sighed, as he slowly sat down beside Olivia.

"Is she dying?" Dominick started to cry, as he raked his fingers through his hair.

"I don't know. But they will tell us soon. Please, just sit down." Olivia spoke, as she stood and pulled the younger detective into a hug. He clung to her as he sobbed, and started to think about living without Amanda. They had made plans. They were working towards closing on their house in Queens, and they wanted to get married and have kids together. But now, everything seems so fragile.

Olivia led Dominick over to the chairs and they sat together. But Olivia left his side when her husband waved at her from the hallway. Olivia stood quickly walked to her husband before hugging him tightly.

"Are you okay?" She asked rapidly.

"I'm fine. Just a few bruises and scrapes from tackling him." Elliot replied, as he placed his hands to Olivia's cheeks and gently rubbed the tears away with his thumbs.

"And Declan? Where the hell is he?" Olivia breathed.

"He's in the tombs. Today... it will always follow him. He's going to lose everything he has built with the NYPD and the FBI. He's going to prison for awhile. He might even die there." Elliot replied softly.

"I can't believe he shot Amanda."

"And Trevor. And Judge Harrison. Just be thankful that you were taken from the room before he pulled the gun, because you could have been on that list too. Now, any news on Amanda?" Elliot asked, as he tried to not focus on the fact his wife could have been shot too.

"They haven't told us anything about Amanda. But she was shot three times, El. So I called the sitter and had her grab Jimmy and Jenna so that all of the kids can be together... I don't know if I should call Beth Anne or just leave things be." Olivia rambled.

"Leave things be, Liv. Amanda might kill us if she finds out her mother is here."

Olivia nodded slowly before hugging her husband tightly. She rested her head against his chest before hearing as Elliot started to whisper a prayer. Even if everything had been rocky at one point, Olivia and Elliot loved Amanda and didn't want to think about life without her. And after today, even if she survives her bullet wounds, she might still become a different person thanks to Declan.

///

Hours went by, and in the early hours of the next day, Amanda was finally out of surgery and in the ICU. All of the bullets had been removed, and it was looking like she'd make it. But after the experience she had today, no one really knew if Amanda would ever be the same. She not only was threatened at gun point and told to give her son away, she was also shot and almost bled out on the floor of the courthouse.

She almost lost everything in a matter of hours, and that can really change a person.