{ Chapter Twenty-Four }

Amanda found a hotel that night and she didn't tell them a check out date. She didn't know when she and her kids would leave, especially since her husband seemed extremely toxic now. He wasn't the man she had fallen in love with years ago.

When Amanda woke up the next morning, she had several missed calls and texts from Olivia and Elliot. She knew that she had worried them last night, but she didn't have any other choice. She had to leave her husband before he said those nasty things in front of the kids.

"I'm still in town." Amanda sighed once she called Olivia back.

"Where in town, Amanda? I'll come and get you and Jimmy. You can stay with us. Jimmy and Emmett can share a room, and you can crash on the pullout couch in the basement. Please, just come back." Olivia rambled.

"Liv, I'm just a few minutes from the precinct. And I'm not crashing at your house. I'm an adult and shouldn't be sleeping on your couch." Amanda frowned.

"You shouldn't be at a hotel either. Kick Dominick out. He should be uncomfortable after what he said about you." Olivia huffed.

"Liv, I'm a whore. I know I am. So he wasn't lying... I just didn't like when he said it. So I'm going to order some breakfast for us, and then I'll call to talk to Jenna. Okay?"

"Amanda-"

"No, Liv. Please don't continue. Jimmy will be up soon, and he's going to be starving." Amanda replied, before hanging up quickly.

Tears streamed down Amanda's cheeks as she turned off her cell and tossed it to the side. She was beyond heartbroken, and she hated that her husband caused that.

///

Olivia continued to try to call Amanda the rest of the morning, but Amanda didn't pick up. So Olivia decided to go and yell at Dominick, just like when he told Amanda they weren't having kids together.

"She isn't here, so go away." Dominick huffed as soon as he opened the door.

"You can't get rid of me that easily, Carisi. So either let me in so we can hash things out in private, or we can do it in front of the whole neighborhood." Olivia grinned. Dominick rolled his eyes before sighing and letting Olivia in.

Dominick walked over and sat in his recliner as Olivia leaned against the door.

"Why did you say those nasty things to her?" Olivia asked softly.

"What? Did she really go and tattle on me? What a-"

"Don't you dare call her anymore names, Dominick Carisi! She's your wife! You promised to be with her through everything. I heard your vows. I cried during them... but it's like you didn't even mean them. She's not a whore. I don't care how Jenna and Jimmy don't have the same fathers, because she just didn't find the right guy. She has made her mistakes and did things she shouldn't have, but none of those make a whore or a slut. So you need to stop being an ass, and figure out what's happening. Because if she takes off again, it's your fault. It won't be hers." Olivia spat.

"Why can't you just mind your own damn business?! She did sleep with your husband." Dominick spat.

"I have gotten over that, especially because Jenna is an amazing little girl that came from a crappy situation. Amanda is my best friend and I'm so glad that I forgave her. And this isn't just about you and Amanda, Dominick. That's why I can't stay out of this. Especially because this all is happening to Jimmy and Jenna too. They tell me how sad you and Amanda are, just because you are trying to control a situation that shouldn't be controlled like this. You gotta talk to your wife about these big decisions that you are making." Olivia sighed.

"You are so nosey." Dominick grumbled.

"Yeah, I know that. But I really couldn't care less. Make this up to your wife, before she files for divorce."

///

Amanda ended up planning a small birthday party for Jimmy at Olivia's house. It wasn't what she had wanted to do for her son's sixth birthday, but it is all she could do. At the end of the night, she left Jimmy to have a sleepover with his cousins, and Amanda hesitantly went down to her house to grab some extra clothes.

She didn't knock on the door, so Dominick didn't even know she was in the house until they bumped into each other as she left the bedroom.

"Whoa! When did you get here?" He asked rapidly.

"Uh, about five minutes ago. I just needed to grab a few things for myself and the kids before heading out. I left my key in the bowl by the door." Amanda sighed.

"What?" Dominick asked softly.

"I'm done, Dom. I can't do this anymore. This isn't what I had expected when I married you. I thought that we'd be happy, that we'd grow old together eventually... that we'd have kids together. But none of that is going to happen. So I'm going to file for divorce on Monday. You can take what you want, and I'll just figure something out. Take care." Amanda breathed. She hesitantly moved past her husband before heading for the stairs.

She got to the landing before her husband had wrapped his arms around her waist and stopped her.

"Don't leave." He whispered.

"I gotta get back to the hotel. Jimmy and Jenna are staying with Olivia and Elliot, so if you wanted to see them then just head down the road."

"Don't divorce me, Mandy. I don't want that." Dominick whispered.

"What? You don't want to get a divorce? I would beg to differ thanks to what you said to me."

"You aren't a whore, Mandy. I was just angry and irritated... Please don't leave me."

"I want a real husband and I want babies. I may not be a good detective or a good wife, but I'm a great mother. I take care of my babies, even if I'm not feeling like taking care of myself. So unless you can be a real and loving husband for me, then I don't want you." Amanda mumbled.

"Let's have a baby then... you just gotta go to all your appointments and take it easy. I don't-"

"I know you, and you don't want a baby. You are just telling me this to make me stay. If you can actually change your mind and apologize for treating me like shit, then maybe we can figure something out. But I'm worth more than this."