{ Chapter Twenty-Nine }

Amanda was beyond pissed off at Dominick. He thinks that he can control her, just because she is pregnant with his child. She knew it didn't work that way, and she wanted Dominick to know that it didn't work that way, either.

"Hey, Amanda. What's up?" Trevor asked, as he met Amanda in the lobby of his firm.

"I need help." Amanda spoke softly.

"Is it going to get me shot again? Because I'm too old to get shot again." Trevor spoke as he led Amanda back to his office.

"No, because Dominick isn't like that. At least I don't think he's like that." Amanda breathed. Trevor shut the door to his office before asking Amanda another question.

"Does he want something more from you? I thought that you both were good with your divorce agreement... that he wouldn't get any custody of the kids because he never adopted them?"

"Well, it turns out that the night we decided to break up was also the night we ended up conceiving a baby together." Amanda frowned.

"Whoa... okay. Uh." Trevor just stopped there because he didn't know what else to say at the moment. He had worked with Amanda a lot in the last five years or so, but this was even a shock for him.

"On Friday night he came to my house and threatened to get a judge involved if I didn't go on desk duty." Amanda spoke.

"What?" Trevor asked.

"He threatened me, and I don't appreciate it. I made a deal with Cragen that I could be on active duty until my pregnancy got in the way. I'm already starting to show, so it won't be too long before I'm on desk duty. I just don't like what he's doing, how he's trying to control me. It's bullshit."

"Alright, would you like to take him to court, or should I just contact his lawyer?"

"I don't know. That's why I came to you. Because I didn't know who else to go to." 

"What about Olivia? Has she-"

"She told Elliot, and Elliot went and told Dominick. I'm pleasant to them because of Jenna, but I'm not happy with them lately. I just need to get this figured out soon, because I'm not going to be scared through my whole pregnancy because of my ex."

///

Amanda went to the precinct after talking to Trevor Langan. She barely got to put her jacket and bag down when Cragen was coming out of his office.

"Amanda." He frowned. Amanda turned around and looked at him.

"What's wrong?"

"Can you come into my office?"

"Captain, I just got in. I have stuff to do." Amanda replied, because she was scared of what was going to be said.

"Do I need to make it an order?"

"No, sir. Let me just put this away and I'll be right there."

Amanda's hands were shaking as she moved into her boss' office. She shut the door before moving and sitting in front of Cragen's desk.

"So what's wrong?" Amanda sighed softly.

"Dominick filed a complaint with the department, and he says that you are purposely putting your child's life in danger. He says that being on active duty is just your way of trying to hurt the baby... so as of right now, you are on desk duty."

"Sir-"

"I'm sorry, Rollins. My hands are tied. There is nothing I can do about this."

"Why does he get to make all the decisions? Why do I just have to sit back and let it happen? He never wanted a baby with me to start, but now that I'm pregnant he wants to be in control? This... I'm done. I'm not going on desk duty, because he isn't my boss. He filed the compliant just to fuck with me. If you want to suspend me, go ahead. But I'm not letting him ruin my life."

"Rollins, I could get in trouble for letting you work."

"Tell your bosses that I'm not going to do it. That you told me that I was on desk duty, but I told you no. Okay?"

"Amanda-"

"Fuck Dominick and all of your bosses."

///

Amanda ended up suspended by the end of the day. One of Cragen's bosses came in and suspended her until she could follow orders. It just made Amanda more pissed off than she was  to start. She wanted to leave, but she knew that she couldn't run away from her problems again. Especially because Dominick wouldn't stop for anything. He wasn't going to let Amanda do anything she wanted, because he wanted to be in control all of a sudden.

"Hey." Olivia frowned when she answered her front door. Amanda looked at her for a moment before biting her lip.

"I already talked to Trevor about what Dominick is doing, but I need your help, too. I need your help to get him to stop, because he isn't the guy that I fell in love with. The guy I married was so kind, and he loved me and the kids. Now he's just being a dick to be one. He is getting me in trouble, and he's making me feel like I can't do this. And I don't know if I can do this, especially if I am being distant from you and El." Amanda sniffled. 

"Do you honestly think that Elliot and I haven't been supporting you, even if you have been distant from us?"

"I'm not confident about anything right now, so I wasn't sure if you guys still liked me or anything. Especially since I messed up once again."

"You are family, Amanda. And I will help you get everything straightened up. Now, do you want to join us for dinner? The kids are still running around the backyard."

"I'd really like that, Liv. Thanks." Amanda breathed. She quickly brushed tears from her cheeks before stepping forward and hugging her friend tightly.

"Is everything okay?" Elliot asked as he came into the house.

"Everything will be okay soon. Amanda is joining us for dinner, so would you mind setting another place?" Olivia asked, and Elliot nodded.

"Yeah, of course. Amanda, I am really sorry for getting things messed up for you. I promise to-"

"Can we just eat dinner and talk later? I have plenty of time to talk since I'm suspended."