{ Chapter Four }

No one knew how to tell Olivia that Amanda was back in town for good. They knew that at some point she'd find out and would be on a warpath. So they decided that the best way for Olivia to find out that Amanda had gone through with her plans to move back to Amanda, was for her to see Amanda at work. There would be plenty of witnesses, and hopefully that would make Olivia behave like a grown woman.

"Why is there a new desk?" Olivia asked, as she came into work a week after Amanda moved back into town.

"We have a new detective." Cragen replied, as he moved away from the coffee pots and towards his office.

"Why? I think that we have plenty of detectives." Olivia grumbled as she sank down at her desk. She was tired of new detectives, especially since Amanda had been the only new detective in years and she destroyed her life.

"Carisi or Amaro need a new partner. We can't be rotating. Now, play nice Benson." Cragen warned.

"I'm always nice!" She exclaimed, but everyone around her knew that she wasn't always nice. They had witnessed the way she responded to Elliot's affair, and how she hadn't really been nice since. 

The detectives went about their work till around eight, before Amanda showed up. She had called Cragen and explained to him that her sitter was a little late, so she'd be late too. He understood, especially because he could tell she was also nervous as hell about coming back to work.

"Rollins!" Fin smiled, as soon as he saw his former partner walk in.

"Hey, Fin... It's so nice to see you. I have missed you so much." Amanda breathed nervously. Fin moved to Amanda before hugging her tightly.

"She's in the bathroom. Just sit down and keep your head up. Things will get easier." Fin whispered, and Amanda nodded slowly.

"God do I hope so." She whispered.

They parted before Amanda was greeted by the rest of the detectives. She sat down at her desk and Cragen came out to give Amanda her weapon, cuffs, and badge. As he was walking back to his office, Olivia came back into the squadroom. 

"No." Olivia breathed, when she saw Amanda sitting at the new desk.

"Liv-" Elliot started, but Olivia just fanned him off.

"This is my squad. This is my city. The guy you slept with?! He's my husband! I don't want you here, so fucking leave!" Olivia screamed, as she stomped towards Amanda. 

Elliot quickly stood and grabbed his wife by her arms before pulling her back against his chest.

"Olivia, you need to calm down right now. Because you can't always control everything and you cannot control Amanda. If she wants to live here, she can live here. If I want to be involved in Jenna's life, I can. You just need to grow up and try to forgive us before you push everyone away." Elliot breathed, as Olivia fought his grip.

"I will never forgive you two! Never!"

///

Olivia stormed out of the precinct as she cried like a baby. It was one thing to be angry at Amanda when she was hundreds of miles away, but it was even harder to be angry at Amanda when she was in the same room as her. When she could see her guilty looking face. She hated to be angry, but she couldn't stop herself from being so pissed off at Elliot and Amanda that it made her head hurt.

"Mrs. Stabler? Are you okay?" Lucy asked, when her boss got home. Lucy was home watching Emmett and Stella, and hadn't expected for Olivia to get home only a few hours after she started her shift.

"Can you please take the kids out? I need some alone time." Olivia sniffled, as she wiped tears from her cheeks.

"Oh, yeah. Of course... do you want to talk at all?" Lucy asked, and Olivia shook her head.

"Please go... before I say or do something that I'll regret." Olivia breathed. Lucy was quick to round up the kids before taking them out of the house for the afternoon.

Olivia went and took a shower, which was mostly her just sitting on the floor as she sobbed. When she got out, she got dressed before planning on heading down to the basement to use the punching bag. But she didn't make it even to the basement stairs before someone knocked on the front door.

She hesitantly walked over to it before unlocking and opening the door.

"Oh." Olivia breathed, when she saw Amanda standing there in front of her.

"I know that I'm not someone you want to see now nor ever... but we need to work this out."

"Work this out-"

"Olivia, Elliot has paid more than enough for what happened. He has moved out of the house, lost time with his kids, and didn't get to know about our daughter until three months after she was born. It wasn't his fault. I needed a ride home, and he was just trying to be nice. So please, forgive him. Hate me for everything that happened. Beat the shit out of me and call me names... but don't keep blaming Elliot over and over again about everything that happened." Amanda breathed. 

She had watched as Elliot and Olivia's relationship grew and as they expanded their family. She watched as their loved strengthened, and how happy they were together. She hated that she ruined a family, and she didn't want to continue to break apart a marriage that was once so strong.

"He slept with you." Olivia whimpered.

"But he didn't want too. He never did. It was all my fault, and I really don't think that you want to be angry with him anymore. I think that you want to have him home with you again. That you want to share your bed with him. You miss him kissing you... so just really give him a shot. Hate on me all you want... but just let him come home."