{ Chapter Twenty-Eight }

Amanda tried to fight Olivia, but she was too tired to do anything but agree. She left Olivia with the kids, and she went to make sure her baby was okay. She drove to the appointment and barely got signed in before being taken back.

"Amanda, Olivia called me and asked if I could take you on as a patient." Dr. Brooks spoke after she walked into Amanda's exam room.

"I know." Amanda sighed.

"May I ask how you are related to her?"

"She's my friend and the stepmother to my daughter." Amanda breathed. Dr. Brooks nodded before looking her new patient over.

"So what seems to be the problem?"

"I'm pregnant, and I know that Olivia told you that. She told you that I'm pregnant and haven't gotten it confirmed yet. That she fucked up, and this was a way to try to make things better." Amanda sighed.

"Okay, yes. She told me all of that. But I still needed to hear it from you. So, I'm going to draw some blood and send you down for an ultrasound. Okay?"

"I have no choice in this matter. I'm too tired to fight. So go ahead. Do what you need to."

///

Amanda didn't talk to Olivia about her appointment, but she was forced to discuss it the next morning when Dominick showed up.

"Leave me alone." Amanda sighed as she opened the door and looked at her ex.

"You called off of work, Olivia said you are ignoring her, and Cragen said that you won't even contact him. So I think we need to talk. Discuss what we need to do."

"Can't you just give me space? Or do I not deserve privacy or distance from you anymore? Do you control my body now too? Make decisions?" Amanda huffed.

"Amanda-"

"No! I'm tired of a bunch of assholes butting into my life! You made your decision and divorced me! You fucked me, left me, and then started dating other women! Now you want back into my life?!"

"Not your life, the life of our child!" Dominick yelled back.

"Are you going to steal the baby from me? Cut the cord and run off with it!?" Amanda screamed. She slammed the door open before shoving her ex off of her front porch. Dominick stumbled a bit before swallowing hard as he tried to smooth his hair.

"Amanda, this has gotten out of hand... I'm sorry for everything that has happened. How I couldn't just get over myself and have a baby with you... for abandoning you and the kids. I should have forgotten what Elliot said to me and let you tell me what was happening. But I didn't. I decided to be an ass... please just let me help you out. Let me be a father to that baby." Dominick frowned.

"Jimmy and Jenna miss you, Dominick. They ask where Papa is, because he never comes around. He never calls and tells them that he loves them. You didn't even respond to me when I said I still loved you, because I'm really thinking that you probably married me out of pity... and I don't want you to be here just for this baby, especially since the kids will feel like they were the reason why you left."

"Amanda, I have always loved you." Dominick breathed, but Amanda couldn't tell if he was lying or not.

"Then prove it... just not today."

///

Amanda went to the precinct after the squad had left, and she approached Cragen's office. She didn't even get to knock on the door before he was opening it and letting her in.

"So I guess I know why you have been acting like this." Cragen spoke, and Amanda nodded slowly.

"Yeah, because I'm still a hot mess." Amanda sighed.

"You aren't a hot mess, Rollins." Cragen frowned.

"Everything I do is wrong. And I feel like not only am I fucking up my own life, I'm going to fuck up my job too. So fire me if you want, and I'll completely understand. I won't even blame you." Amanda sighed.

"I'm not firing you, Rollins. You haven't done anything to deserve to be fired. I just don't want you to be hiding things, especially something as big as you having another kid."

"Dominick will probably end up with this kid." Amanda whispered.

"Huh?"

"Nothing. Uh, I'll be back tomorrow morning."

"What do you want to do about active duty?"

"You should probably talk to Olivia, Elliot, and Dominick about that. Especially since they are the ones more involved in this than I feel I am."

///

Amanda talked to Cragen again in the morning, and they decided that she could be on active duty until her pregnancy got in the way. Amanda knew that she wouldn't last long, especially if Dominick had anything to say about it. And he ended up having a lot to say about it.

"You gotta stop." Dominick spoke as he quickly walked into Amanda's garage. She turned around and looked at her ex.

"I gotta stop what? I'm literally just standing here." Amanda sighed.

"I saw you on the news today. You were a part of that raid. You were wearing a vest, but that doesn't mean you and the baby are safe."

"Oh, so you care about me now?" Amanda sighed as she crossed her arms over her chest.

"Amanda-"

"No, Dominick. I made a deal with Cragen. I'm on active duty until I feel like it's too hard to keep up with Olivia and Elliot." Amanda sighed.

"You are done." Dominick huffed.

"Excuse me?"

"You are on desk duty. That baby-"

"My baby." Amanda huffed.

"OUR baby will be safer if you are on desk duty. So you are done playing cop."

"I'm not playing cop, Dominick! I am one! A fucking good one!" Amanda yelled.

"Sure, well if you don't go on desk duty and protect that baby... then I will have to get a judge involved. Do you understand?"

"Do you understand that you are threatening me? Because threatening to contact a judge if I don't do what you say, isn't cool. It's a dick move, Dominick Carisi... and it's making me hate you more than I ever have before."