{ Chapter Thirty-One }

"What?" Olivia asked, and Amanda sighed as she took her children's folders before tucking them into their backpacks.

"He claims that the reason he is a dick to me is that he misses me. That he wants to get back together with me. He says that the baby and I are incredibly important to him, but he never made me feel important. He always made me feel like crap." Amanda frowned. She zipped up both bags before looking at Olivia.

"Are you going to get back together with him?"

"I don't know, Liv... Right now, all I want to do is make it through this pregnancy without getting sick and losing my baby."

"Then don't get back together with him, sweetie. For your sake and the sake of your three kids."

"Mama, I'm in trouble, huh?" Jimmy sighed as he came into the kitchen and looked between his mother and Olivia.

"You cut off Stella's ponytail, right?" Amanda asked, and Jimmy nodded slowly.

"Y-yeah... I did." Jimmy whispered.

"Then yeah, you are in big trouble. Go grab your jackets and meet me by the front door."

///

Amanda decided to use her suspension to think about Dominick and what she should do about him. She kept wondering if getting back together with him would be the best choice, or if she'd just hate herself and him more than ever before. 

She waited over a month before finally deciding to let Dominick into her life. But not the life of her son and daughter.

"Hey." Dominick smiled as he met Amanda outside of her doctor's office. 

"Hey... so are you ready for my appointment?" Amanda asked, and Dominick nodded quickly before placing his hands against his ex's swell. He had seen her pregnant once before, but this time around he thought she was the most beautiful human in the world. He just wanted to kiss her and hold her for hours at a time. 

"I am so ready. Do we get to see the baby today?" Dominick asked, and Amanda nodded as she turned and made his hands drop.

"Today is the appointment where we can find out the sex of the baby..." 

"Really? So we get to see our son?" Dominick chuckled. Amanda sighed before shaking her head and turning towards him again.

"I only invited you here because I know it's a big appointment. I didn't want to go into this alone, and Liv is working. My suspension will be up once I go and talked to my bosses on Friday, so I decided to just jump into letting you be involved."

"Babe-"

"Nope, don't babe me. We aren't together. I'm still not sure if you truly are just a dick because you miss me, or you said that to fuck with me. To make me feel bad for you, when you did this to yourself."

"I'm not lying! I miss you! I have loved you since I started at SVU, and that has never changed!"

"It has changed! You stopped loving me and that is why we ended up getting a divorce!" Amanda spat. She turned and quickly walked into the building as tears burned her eyes.

"Don't you dare walk away from me!" Dominick boomed, and many people stopped and turned to look at him. Amanda ignored him as she swung open the door to her doctor's office and walked in. She signed herself in before sitting down between two other people. Just so that Dominick couldn't sit next to her.

She didn't get married or divorced from Dominick just for him to bitch at her and tell her what to do. She married him because she loved him, and divorced him because she seemed to love him, but he didn't love her.

///

Amanda went into her scan without Dominick beside her. She went through all of it alone, before carrying the sonogram outside as she prepared to hand it to him and then walk away.

"That wasn't cool, Rollins!" Dominick huffed.

"What wasn't cool, was the way you treated me. So I'm done trying. I think that it makes sense that we co-parent but we aren't anything to each other."

"We won't even try to be together for the sake of our daughter?" Dominick whispered, and Amanda shook her head.

"I'm not putting her through that."

"Mandy." Dominick whispered. Amanda didn't even bother to look at him.

"You were the Papa to Jimmy and Jenna. And I don't want us to just try a relationship for the sake of our kid. It would destroy my babies, because they will feel like you never loved them like you love this kid. So don't even ask me again... take care and I will see you sometime soon."

As Amanda walked away, Dominick let out a loud sob as he sunk down onto the snow-covered sidewalk. He clutched that sonogram picture to his chest as everything fell apart once again.

///

Amanda drove to the precinct after her appointment and she went upstairs to the squadroom. As soon as she walked in, Olivia stood and walked over to her.

"Uh, you haven't been unsuspended yet. You are still in trouble." Olivia sighed softly.

"I'm having another girl." Amanda whispered, as tears slipped down her cheeks.

"Really?" Olivia smiled as she reached out and rubbed a tear off of Amanda's cheek.

"Yeah, and I was sure that Dominick and I would be back together after this appointment... but we got into a fight instead. I told him we would never be back together. I'm done with men, and I'm sure as hell done with Dominick."

"What was the fight about?"

"It is the same as always... so I just needed to see you and talked to you. I hope that it's okay."

"Honey, you can always come and talk to me. Do you want to go and get lunch? Talk some more?"

"Nah, I'm fine... I'm going home to dig out all of my girl clothes from Jenna and hope that they will fit this baby." Amanda smiled weakly. She hugged her friend tightly before Olivia rubbed her back.

"I love you, honey. Just relax and everything will be okay."

"Don't hate me, but I really don't believe you."