{ Chapter Eight }

Once Olivia finally decided to start truly forgiving Elliot and Amanda, life got easier. Elliot and Olivia got visitation with Jenna, and they both fell in love with the little girl, but that wasn't a hard thing to do.

It was really hard for Amanda when Jenna spent the day with Elliot's family, but she knew that it was for the best. She didn't want her daughter to have problems with men, just because Elliot wasn't a part of her life.

"Auntie Liv?!" Jimmy yelled as soon as Amanda opened the front door to Olivia and Elliot's house. 

"Hey, buddy!" Olivia smiled as she came out of the kitchen and caught the toddler when he threw himself at her. Amanda was thankful that she and Olivia were trying to have a relationship again, because that meant Jimmy could still be around his cousins and his beloved Aunt and Uncle.

"Can I stay tonight with Jenna?!" Jimmy asked, as he leaned back and looked at his Aunt. Olivia looked away from him and found Amanda by the front door as she got Jenna out of her car seat.

"I told him no earlier, Liv. You don't need both of my kids and all of yours too." Amanda frowned as she turned around with Jenna in her arms. The little girl had made it to seven months, and was doing a lot of babbling, sitting up by herself, and she loved grabbing onto her siblings and pulling their hair or on the end of their sleeves.

"Would you be all alone if Jimmy stayed here tonight?" Olivia asked, as she sat the little boy onto his feet before he ran off to find Emmett.

"Of course I'd be alone. I really don't think that I deserve anyone." Amanda frowned. She walked over to Olivia as Jenna kicked her legs and squirmed in her mother's arms.

"Has anyone asked you out lately?" Olivia asked, and Amanda shrugged.

"Maybe. But it doesn't matter. We all agreed that bringing some strange man into Jenna and Jimmy's lives wouldn't be good for them. It was part of our agreement, and I don't want to break that. So, if you want to keep him tonight then you can... and I'll just go back to my apartment and do laundry or something." Amanda replied.

"I guess we really can't control if you wanna be with someone or not." Olivia breathed as she took Jenna from Amanda and held the little girl close.

Amanda shook her head before reaching out and running her fingers through her daughter's blonde curls.

"I'm not breaking another promise to you, Liv. So maybe I'll go into work."

///

Amanda left both kids with Olivia and headed into the precinct. When she got there, Elliot was pulling out and heading home to spend time with all of his kids and nephew. Tonight was the first night that Jenna would be spending a full night away from Amanda, and it really made her nervous.

Being at work helped a bit, but not enough to stop her worrying. She was thinking that after tonight, that Jenna wouldn't want her anymore. That she'd only want Olivia instead.

"Are you okay, Mandy?" Dominick asked, as he walked into the squadroom with a few bags of takeout in his hands.

"Yeah, I'm fine. Why?" Amanda replied.

"We didn't call you in. So, like is there something bothering you? Cause if there is a spider in your apartment again, I'll happily go over and kill it." Dominick smiled. Amanda smiled softly at him before shaking her head.

"Olivia and Elliot have Jenna and Jimmy tonight. And they are staying overnight. I'm worried that Jenna will want to be with them more than she'd want to be with me." Amanda sighed.

"That little girl loves you so much, Mandy. She isn't going to pick Olivia and Elliot over you. You are her Mama, and that matters a lot." Dominick spoke as he sat on the edge of Amanda's desk.

"Do you want to go over to my place and watch the game?" Amanda questioned. Dominick and her both came in on their days off to work, so if they weren't needed right now, they could leave and come back when a case is picked up.

"Do you think that Cragen wouldn't mind?" Dominick asked, and Amanda shook her head.

"The desk officer can answer the phone and call us if we get a case. C'mon. The game starts in an hour and we have to beat traffic."

///

Amanda and Dominick went back to her apartment and watched the game together. Dominick and Amanda did talk through most of it, but they did see who won, which was the best they could get.

"Want another one?" Dominick asked, as he left Amanda's kitchen with two beers in his hands.

"Yeah, I'd love one." Amanda smiled. Dominick opened both of the beers before passing one to Amanda. She took a long drink from it before turning and looking at Dominick.

"So why were you working tonight when you didn't have too?" Amanda mused.

"I didn't have anything else to do. There is this girl that I have wanted to ask out, but she doesn't seem interested in me." Dominick sighed.

"Who is this girl? I can totally set you two up. You are so handsome, smart, and funny. Any woman would be lucky to be with you." Amanda smiled.

Dominick looked at her for a moment before reaching out and running his hand over her thigh.

"I have a thing for you, Amanda. Like, I have a huge crush on you." Dominick spoke.

"Me?" Amanda breathed.

"Yeah, you. I really like you... and I have for some time."

"Dom, I'm a mess. Don't you like one of the officers that work in the precinct?" Amanda mused quickly as she stood and started to clean up the mess from dinner.

"Amanda, please stop." Dominick spoke as he stood and wrapped his arms around her waist. Amanda froze for a moment, before turning around quickly and wrapping her arms around his neck and pressing a passionate kiss to Dominick's lips.

They kissed for several long moments before Amanda leaned back and started to breathe heavily.

"Woah." Dominick breathed.

"More like... wow, if I'm being honest." Amanda smiled.