{ Chapter Twenty-One }

The next day, Amanda sat in between Olivia and Dominick as they waited for the lead juror to read their decision. Peter had talked to Judge Stein and told him that he had proven his point and was ready for closing arguments. Marie couldn't locate Kim, who was her only character witness, so she couldn't do much more after Declan had his breakdown. 

"Amanda?" Dominick asked, and Amanda turned and looked at her fiance. She found him standing beside her, and he smiled.

"Where are you going?" She breathed.

"We are going to go out celebrating."

"Celebrating?" She questioned, before turning and looking to see Olivia standing on the other side of her.

"Did you not hear the verdict?" Olivia asked, and Amanda shook her head.

"I guess that I zoned out. I'm just really anxious and yesterday didn't help." Amanda frowned.

"Love, he is guilty. This was like one of the fastest murder trials in history." Dominick chuckled.

"Really?"

"Tomorrow is going to be sentencing and then this is all over with. Then we can move forward. Plan the wedding. Get you back to work and back to kicking ass." Dominick grinned, before frowning when Amanda started to cry.

He sank down beside her before hugging her tightly.

"Do you not want to move forward?" Dominick whispered, and Amanda shook her head as she leaned back.

"N-no. I want to move forward and I want to feel safe again. I want to marry you and spend the rest of my life with you... I'm crying because I'm so relieved. He's guilty."

"Yeah, and he'll go away to jail for the rest of his life."

Declan got forty-five years in jail for shooting Amanda and Trevor, and for murdering Judge Harrison. He was so beyond angry when he got told how long he'd be in jail, especially since no one would probably be waiting for him when he got out. Kim was probably already moving on, Jimmy would be forty-eight and living his own life, while Declan's baby with Kim would be forty-five and would probably know some other man as his or her father.

///

It took time, but eventually Amanda was feeling so much better about herself and her situation. She and Dominick got married on June first, and that really helped her feel better. Her husband was an amazing man, and he was an amazing step-father to Jenna and Jimmy.

"So do you and Dominick have plans for tonight?" Olivia asked, as she and Amanda sat together and waited for Jimmy, Emmett, and Jenna's haircuts to be finished. 

"We are going to enjoy the fact that you and Elliot will have both kids." Amanda smiled, as she continued to flip through a magazine.

"I bet you both will fall asleep by nine tonight." Olivia teased.

"We have been married for two years, so our lives really aren't interesting anymore." Amanda sighed.

"What do you mean?"

"We are so busy with Jenna, Jimmy, and work that we haven't done anything in months."

"Really? Elliot and I really didn't stop doing stuff for the first two years." Olivia frowned.

"Okay, you are my best friend but I don't want to know about your sex life. Especially since mine is none existent." Amanda grumbled, before looking up and watching as Jenna's long blonde curls got cut off.

"Do you two want kids together?" Olivia spoke softly as she reached over and patted Amanda's arm.

"Yeah... I think so. Dominick is already an amazing father to the kids, and I think he would be just as amazing to one of his own."

"Those are his kids. And Elliot wouldn't let Jenna call Dominick her father, if he knew this wasn't a lasting thing."

"I just don't know if we are ready for a baby. I know that Jimmy is in school full time and that Jenna will be starting preschool next year... but I'm still not sure. I'm still completely scared that three, four, or even five kids will just make us hate each other and not want to be together."

"Are you also scared about getting pregnant again?"

"Yeah, especially since I'm worried about if something will go wrong. I got really sick with Jimmy, and my pregnancy with Jenna wasn't great. I was super sick at the start, like to the point where I had to ask my mom to help with Jimmy because I was pretty much living in the bathroom." 

"Amanda, this pregnancy will be different. Maybe since it'll be Carisi's kid instead of Elliot or Declan's, it won't give you as much hell."

"Mama, look!" Jenna exclaimed, as she was spun around in her chair. She smiled at her mother and step-mother, as she played with her shorter blonde curls.

"You look great, baby." Amanda smiled as she sat the magazine down before walking towards her daughter.

"I look like you, Mama." Jenna grinned, and Amanda nodded as she gently caressed her daughter's hair.

"You are beautiful, Jenna. I bet you can't wait to show Daddy and Papa, huh?"

"I can't wait!" Jenna squealed.

///

Dominick and Amanda left the kids with Elliot and Olivia before walking back to their house. Once inside, they started to clean up toys and did laundry before settling down on the porch swing.

"Jenna, Jimmy, and Emmett all look so adorable with their new haircuts." Dominick smiled, as he rubbed his wife's leg as they swung back and forth.

"Jenna told me that she looked like me. And honestly, I feel like she's looking more like me every day. It kinda scares me."

"At least she doesn't have Elliot's forehead or nose. That's a blessing." Dominick teased.

"What do you think our babies will look like?" Amanda breathed.

"What?" Dominick asked.

"Do you think they will have your darker hair or mine? My blue eyes or yours? Will they be tall or short?"

"Why are you asking me this? Because no matter what our babies look like, they will be perfect. And I know you aren't pregnant, so what's bringing this up?"

"I think I'm ready."

"For another baby? We talked about wanting kids, but never when." 

"Do you still want babies with me? Or are you okay with us just raising Jimmy and Jenna?" Amanda asked nervously.

"I don't know."