Home Sweet Home

Cyrus' POV

Nymphadora and I walk into the house I grew up in, the house I feel most comfortable and safe. "So...You going to tell me what that was all about?" Nymph says in her 'mum' voice. 

"Tell me why everyone calls you "Tonks" but for me and Remy. Then I'll share what it was about." I begin to walk up the stairs. She follows me into my room I'm oh so familiar with. She sits on my bed and I sit in a chair in front of her. 

"I only let you guys call my 'Nymph' or 'Nymphadora' because I know you guys well and you're my family. Now tell me why you acted like that today, it has been exactly a week and you finally snapped when Sirius has guests over. Was this all because of Harry and his friends? Or was it perhaps something else?" She worries about me like I'm her real child, or sometimes...a best friend. 

I look down at my thighs, away from Nymph's eyes. "Seeing Harry with friends and family (Sirius) made me envy him a bit. I guess, I never feel like I'm loved like he is, and him grinning and being proud of his nicknames made me madder than the hatter!" I explain, forming my hands into fists. I look up at Nymph, she has an expression I might be reading horribly, but she looks scared as if I found out some sort of secret. "Nymph, what's wrong?" I urge. 

"N-Nothing, uh, 'madder than the hatter'? you mean 'mad like the mad hatter'?" She almost changes the subject. "That's not important. I need you to know you are loved! Every day of your life you have been loved." She really wants me to understand I'm loved... "Harry has had a rough life, like you. His is finally turning upright. Yours on the other hand is still in a rough patch, but there is absolutely no reason why you should be envious of him." She explains. 

"Ok...Can we do something?" I suggest. 

"Of course! but we need to get to the Alley tomorrow so when the boys come back you are in this bed sleeping." She smiles. Then before I could blink she was standing up holding out her hands for me. I grab her hands and we run down the stairs together. We have exactly the same ideas so she begins getting out ingredients for cookies and I look through the films for a movie to watch. Once I find a film to watch, I walk over to the kitchen and help her make the dough.  

"You are absolutely horrible at baking!" Nymphadora laughs. 

"Not as bad as Edward!" I giggle. 

"That's because he's six!" She nudges me.

~ Edward was born in 1988 instead of 1998 (He's 6, Cyrus is 14) ~

 We get done baking and put the cookies in the oven, I do her nails as we watch the film. Once her nail dries she does my hair and we both do each other's makeup. "The cookies are done!" I squeal hoping up and running over to the oven. One thing about me...only the lupins can make me happy...but not even them can make me feel loved. It's weird, it a hole in my stomach nobody can seem to fill. 

"Here you go, our burnt but delicious cookie." I hand her a cookie. 

"You know what. These aren't as bad as they look." She says with a mouth full of cookie. 

"We are home!" I hear Edward say behind me. I turn around to face Edward the best six-year-old that is out in this wizarding world. "CYRUS!" Edward runs to me. I stand up and hug him. 

"Let's go to your room, I have a couple of things to tell you, you must be a good secret keeper though," I whisper purposely loud with a smile. (There is no secret.)

"I promise I am," He whispers loudly. 

We run upstairs to his room directly across from my messy ass room. "Before I tell you the 'secret' how are you?" I ask. 

"I'm doing great! Daddy said I get to go to Digon Alley." He pronounces Diagon Alley wrong. 

"Diagon Alley? Yup, that's wonderful news bud!" I hear Remus walk through the room door, he leans in the door frame "Eddy wanna know the secret now?" I smile bigger and wider, my cheeks hurting but I don't mind 

"YES!" He jumps. 

I pick him up. "You will see a life-sized train!" 

Does it look like my trains?" His face lights up. 

"No, but you will also get to say good-bye to me before I leave." I start tearing up because I hate when I leave him. "You won't be able to see dad or me until winter break." 

"What?" he slides out of my arms. 

"You can't leave again! Not you too." His face drops. 

('Again' because she left when she moved back in with Sirius, for one week.) 

"Buddy, my last school didn't agree with what I am. Like all the other schools, Remus says this one will accept me for who I am, hopefully." I shrug.

"Why can't they just accept you? You're nice." He groans. 

Remus lets out a little laugh. I smirk. "That's one word for me." I bend down to him again "Hey, I will write to you and mum every day I can, I will send howlers so you can hear my voice. I'll send pictures of me and dad, then I'll visit you guys in winter." I compromise. His eyes still pouty but satisfied "It's time for your bedtime." I push him towards his bed. He climbs in and lays down. I kiss him on his forehead and whisper 'Goodnight' to him, then I leave Edward's room. Remus does the same. 

Remus leaves Edwards's bed-room and closes the door. I wait for him in my room, Remy comes in and sits on a chair. "Second thoughts?" he whispers. 

"I don't like leaving him, Remus. Eddy deserves a sister that can stay by him all the time." My voice sounds broken. 

"He has Nymphadora, he won't be alone. He will be safe, as long as death-eaters come." Remus sighs and leans back into the chair. 

"Death-eaters became non-death-eaters when 'Harry Potter' killed Voldemort in that volt that had the stone thing. They'll be okay...I still don't like leaving him. Plus any witchy school I go to I get kicked out because of what I am." I say 

"Yes, but I work here at this school and it's wonderful. They accept what I am. They will definitely accept you for what you are. You'll enjoy it. Also, I went to this school when I was young. So you'll be perfect I promise. Now get to bed young lady, we have a busy day tomorrow." Remus says with a grin and pushes me down to lay my head on my pillow, he kisses my forehead and blows out my candle, and leaves my room closing the door. 

I look at my ceiling in the dark, I've always been good at seeing in the dark, but looking at a ceiling isn't hard to do even in the dark. 

~ (ObVioUsLy) ~

I try and calm myself by listening to my breathing, maybe that would help me. I'm just glad to be home though, this is where I grew up and this is where I belong...Home Sweet Home...that's what they say.

right?