Christmas Break

Christmas break, snowy days, nights full of joy and excitement. Mornings full of expression and laughs.

As for me

Laughable days, nights full of gossip and playing, mornings full of hunger and surprise followed by smiles and photographs with a little magic.

Standing outside the house I grew up in, shivering as I hear Nymph, Edward, and Reamy scurrying around making the house presentable for my visit. Knocking again I hear Edward shout, "Open the door, Mom! She'll die!"

I hear them break out laughing while she opens the door. "CyCy!" She brings me in a hug as Reamus takes the suitcases behind me inside the house.

"Can't...Breathe...woman..." I'm able to squeak out.

"Sorry! Come in the house. It's fridged outside."

"Yet, you made me stand out there as you three rushed around cleaning for me. Which you didn't have to do, I've seen this house so messy because of me alone."

Nymphadora sighs with the biggest breath, "I know. But, we haven't heard from or seen you for so long. We didn't know if you'd totally changed, so we-we just wanted to present the house cleanly."

"Oh please, me, changing entirely? You guys must have some funny jokes this Christmas." I laugh. Bending down I hold out my arms for Eddy to hug me. He runs up into my arms and I squeeze him.

"How is your new school!?" He asks while letting go of the hug.

"So much fun! I thought I'd hate drama and ballroom dancing but they're my favorite hours. And, thanks to my amazing reputation of putting spiders in girls' pillowcases I got my own room in the east wing by the dueling blocks, where I can drool over cute boys."

"Excuse me?" Reamus bumps in.

"Nothing, Dad," I smirk and hug him. When letting go he asks, "Oh, you worry me. How is your magic?"

"Great. I made a wild decision."

"What's the wild decision?" Nymph asks as she sets my suitcase near the closet downstairs inside the stairs.

"In my 6th year, I'll put my name in the goblet of fire." They all drop expressions and look at me with worry and confusion. "Professor Tremble was explaining that in my 6th year there will be some tournament for the strong-hearted and powerful wizards. He said we'll be able to attend in our 6th year. I am determined to the core of a dragon's heart to participate in this tournament."

"It's extremely dangerous Cy', what if you get hurt?"

"Everyone gets hurt in this tournament Reamy. I just want to prove that a Witch is as powerful as a Wizard and can win it. A witch hasn't been able to win in generations. I would be overly excited to win this, for my honor and for my school."

"We support you. But we won't support any wild and dangerous acts in this tournament."

"Don't worry Reamus, I still have two years to prepare."

Edward hugs me again, his 3'5 body against my legs, I hug him back with a pat of his back. "Now, let's begin my break," exhausted I plop down on the couch as I have died.

Dracos' POV

Entering my bedroom in my family's manor, I sit down on my bed. After being shooed off by my father, I sigh with exhaust.

"Happy Christmas to me." Whimpering at the sad days that are ahead of me. I try to think on the bright side, Mother will probably get me presents.

I know exactly what I want, and what I need. I'll just do a quick letter of my wishes for gifts.