Second Task

"Hey Luna, you know where Draco is? he should be here by now" walking on the doc she shakes her head.

"I haven't seen her since yesterday, maybe he's waiting with your family" she smiles the sweetest smile and gets on a boat, as I do too.

We take boats out to three towers standing in the black lake.

I got to the middle and take off my black silky robe. I'm wearing a light blue bathing suit. Still don't see Draco anywhere.

Then Narcissa comes up behind me. "Hey, I got you the gillyweed. Should last at least an hour. Just watch your watch. Goodluck darling." she pats my back.

"Ok, the count of three begin to swim." I hurry and eat the gillyweed, gagging. I hear Dumbledore yell three so I jump into the water. I don't begin to swim like Cedric or Jasper, instead, I hold my neck as I swarm but I don't drown.

I watch my feet grow flaps like ducks, same with my hands. I touch my neck and I have gills. I swim away, into a lot of seaweed. I look around and hear noises or singing.

Swimming towards it. something swims against my feet, looking back nothing appears, just my imagination

The singing continues as I swim into a clearing, merpeople with spears at the bottom of people attached to seaweed.

I gasp. "Draco!" I yell.

I swim towards him and break the seaweed he was attached to. He was heavier than I imagined, almost impossible for me to bring him to the top.

When I swim up out of the water I feel my legs become numb, "Dear Salazar, you're so heavy"

Everyone cheering 'Cyrus' and 'Draco'. My feet grow back to normal and so does my neck. I turn to Draco and he spits out water.

We get covered in towels. "Draco I was worried."

"I was the object you had to retrieve?" He laughs.

"No, you had to find me, obviously! Now, kiss me!" I yell. He stands up then forces me to and he kisses me, roughly but still passionately. "You're adorable with wet messy hair," I say. "I could say the same."

About 4 minutes later Jasper comes up. His date is also unconscious at first until she breathes out the water that was in her system.

Still haven't seen Cedric. It was strange he was so ready for this task I figured he'd be the first one out.

"Cy, it's been an hour," Draco mentions. "What!?" I take off the towel, throw it at Draco and jump back into the cold water. I point my wand to my face and the bubble-head charm appears blurry but visible.

I swim into the deep and look around. I see Candice still attached to the seaweed. why is she still hanging?

I swim to her and break the seaweed, then swim her to the edge of the water, "Cand, wake up! Wake up" I slap her awake and she coughs a lot "Why- why would you slap me!"

"Not a big deal swim, girl! Swim!" Dramatically pushing her away to the stands.

She swims the rest of the way as people help her up. I go back into the water and look for Cedric, wt the bubblehead charm again.

Looking into the seaweed forest I hear that same wooshing sound from before, looking at the sound there's nothing once again.

Swimming faster looking around eventually getting harder and harder for me to see, I notice his foot. I quickly swim to him, helping him up to the water edge, he's heavier than Draco and it makes my legs even number.

So he starts breathing again I launch him upward into the top of the water. "Cyrus!?" Cedric yells and I pop up next to him

"Cedric it'll be o-" before finishing reassuring him I get pulled underwater.

Screaming I almost lose my breath. I watch as Cedric splashes around above the water, trying to look into the murky water. I can hear him calling my name over and over again.

At that moment I didn't know what to think. My head was filled with air. I become dizzy, I look for my wand, it's not in my holster.

I begin to only see black but I try and push through it. I kick whatever was pulling me underwater, I look up to see what light is left from the top of the lake.

I continue screaming and grunting. Where my wand I keep thinking. The thought of me losing my wand haunts me.

"Can't leave" the things whisper as they pull me deeper and deeper. Merpeople?

I bring my feet closer to my chest, they scratch and claw at my bare skin, I swim as fast as I could, I see a glowing in the distance it was my wand. Swallowing the bit of air I have left I whimper "Accio wand!"

My wand appears in my wand, bringing it to my face the charm appears on my face and I swarm my way to the stands with people. Popping up to the surface, the dizziness continues.

Coughing. I make it to the ladder and Draco pulls me up. I lay on his lap. Cedric and Candice walk up to me. "That was extremely stupid of you! You could have died!" Candice yells.

"You're welcome. I see I saved your life and I get yelled at." I cough. Candice and Cedric hug me. I lay back in Draco's lap. "I'm so tired right now."

"Let's get you back to your dorm first."

"OK"

As he picks my tired and numb body bridal style Dumbledore announces; "Cyrus Lestrange won first place. Jasper Smit second place. Cedric Diggory third place. Congratulations to Cyr-"  Then I blackout.

I wake up in my dorm bed with Draco next to me. Narcissa, Lucius, Bellatrix, Remus, Nymph, and Edward waiting around my dorm.

I try and move but I'm sore in literally every place around my body. "You're awake!" Eddy hugs me lightly. "Hey, bud."

"Are you ok love?" Draco asks. "Yeah, Saving more than one person wasn't on my 'to-do' list but hey, I got more credit." I laugh but it hurts everywhere.

"You are unbelievably brave" Lucius congratulates. "Guess I got that from both my mothers. How's Cedric? Is he doing alright?"

"Better than you, you have deep scratches and gashes all over your body," Mum says, she then kisses my forehead her curly hair poofed in my face. "I would say, this was probably easier than the first task"

"The first task was showing if you are daring enough to complete the tasks. Along with the second, I believe" Remus explains.

I pause... and Draco breaks the silence while grabbing my hand "Also... Jasper is out for your blood. He's pissed that you're winning each round. Everyone is starting to think maybe it's best to stop"

I yank my hand away from his and look at everyone's faces, "no...no way! I'm winning this Tournament! Whether I die or not I am not doing what every other witch has done. I'm not a quitter"

"But if you die what was the reason for doing any of this?" Nymph asks "The reason? The reason is for teaching young soon-to-be witches that a girl can do anything if they set their mind to it."

"Imagine if you win this thing, A witch will try again and harm herself or worse. What does that show you?" Lucius questions stepping forward.

"It shows they were too weak" my answer lingers in the room, my mum agrees with an understanding nod. Lucius and Narcissa look at each other, Draco looks at my hand whilst grabbing it slowly. Eddy, Nymph, and Remus share a longing look.

"Can I get my rest?" I ask. I hear a chain of 'yes's and of course's' as they all spill out of my dorm. Luckily the one person I wanted to stay with does.

He crawls into my bed, under the covers, and embraces me tightly. "You had me terrified,"

I look at him, pulling my head away from his chest, "good"