Golden Egg

"Cyrus! have you figured out your egg?" Cedric says. "Egg?...OH! No, not yet."

"This may sound weird coming from me, but..." Cedric leans down to my ear. "You know the Prefix bathroom on the fifth floor...It's not a bad place for a bath. So, take your egg and...mull things over in the hot water." he backs up, winking.

Then walks away. "What the?" Why does he keep giving me clues? That's against the rules. I walk to my dorm.

I walk into my dorm. I begin to unbutton my shirt. Then... "Draco!" I turn around. "Sorry. Bad time?" Draco says through a chuckle. "Well, I don't know. I'm taking a bath in the prefix bathroom on the fifth floor."

"Can I join?" Those three simple freakin words gave me that forever tropical storm in my stomach a boost. "Well, sure...wear a bathing suit or something."

"Ok" I watch him walk past me and close the door behind him. "Oh my gosh," I sigh. I walk to my closet and strip out all my clothes.

I slip into a dark green swimsuit that shows my entire back but covers my BoOtAy. It ties behind my neck and shows my chest. I cover up with my black silk robe and white slippers. I grab the egg off my nightstand and walk up the stairs to the fifth-floor bathroom.

I walk into the bathroom and look around. "Bloody hell" I whisper. I walk to the bath and turn the knobs. Water comes from several pipes, some different colors. Once it's full, I turn off the water. The bubbles fly in the air and I take off my robe and step into the water.

"Oh my gosh, this feels wonderful," I say as I'm sitting down. "Got room for one more?" Draco walks up to me in black swim shorts. "Is that even a question? Look how huge this 'tub' is" I giggle.

He gets into the water and sits next to me. "So why did you bring your egg here? Is that just for...safety of the egg?"

"No. Cedric said to bring the egg here and 'mull things over in the hot water' So here I am"

"Well open it then."

"Ok"

I turn and grab the egg. Once I open it, it screeches a sound that can make you deaf. I close it as soon as I can. "Did he just say that to see if I was dumb enough to fall for it?"

"Eh...I don't know."

"He wouldn't do that. He must mean something else." I lay the egg in my lap under the water. And Draco holds my hand and I smile. "You've already figured it out," A girl says. I look around and I see... "Moaning Myrtle?" I say. "What do you mean?" Draco asks.

"It took the other boy ages to figure it out. Once he opened the egg and heard what it said." Myrtle says. "Oh my gosh! Thanks, Myrtle!"

"Wha-?" Draco says but I dip under the water before he could finish.

I open the egg and a voice sings; "Come seek us where our voices sound, We cannot sing above the ground, An hour-long you'll have to look, To recover what we took." I spit up and Draco gasps in relief.

"What? Did you hear the clue?"

"Yes! Come on, dray!" I get out of the tub and put on my robe and slippers and grab the egg. He gets out and puts on his shirt and shoes. I take his hand and we run out of the bathroom. We run all the way back to his dorm.

"Ok, Myrtle said it took Cedric a while but it didn't take me a while! I know what the next task is!"

"what is it? What did the egg say?"

"Come seek us where our voices sound, We cannot sing above the ground, An hour-long you'll have to look, To recover what we took. I think the next task is in the black lake and in the black lake there are creatures specifically mermaids. I will have one hour to grab whatever I need to recover. There's just one tiny problem."