Chapter 1

"An outdoor thermometer box?" Someone says.

"You're telling me someone's keeping a special-grade cursed object in a place like this?" The person added.

"Ha, Ha! Recovering it should be no problem then!" An enthusiastic voice replied through a phone.

"There's nothing here." The person says.

"Huh?" The voice on the phone replies.

"The box is empty." The person says.

"For real? That's hilarious!" The voice on the phone said.

"I'm gonna punch you." The person says.

"No going home until it's recovered, okay?" The person on the phone replies.

"A cursed object huh? Wonder what that is." You thought out loud.

You left your little hiding place and walked away. You had no clue what a cursed object was. Although you knew very little about curses, you were eager to learn. Just not sure how. In all honesty, you were only at Sugisawa Town High School because you stumbled upon it by accident. Pure accident. Though others may not see it as that.

After a while of walking around, you somehow got drawn to one of the fields at the school. A rugby field. You looked on the rugby goal and saw something that didn't look human. Yet, you had no clue what it actually was. It wasn't something that you had seen before.

"Is there a dead body buried here or something?" You heard the voice from before say.

"Huh. So could that be a curse?" You thought out loud.

You were still staring at the field when you saw one of the students throw a shot put ball. Really far.

"Ehh. That guy has some strength behind his throw. Wonder if he can punch the same." You thought aloud.

Getting bored, you decided to walk away from the scene. And the school. Not before the boy who threw the shot put ball run extremely fast past you and the guy from before. The guy from before's face lit up like he had seen a ghost or something. Then he chased after the shot put guy. You, being curious, decided to follow them both. Secretly.

Unbeknownst to you, the boy had led you to a hospital.

"Why's he going here of all places?" You thought to yourself.

You kept on following the two guys that you didn't know and entered the hospital, making sure to follow from a distance. So as not to get caught by the guy with black hair. You stayed hiding in the corner and watched from afar still.

"Yuji Itadori, correct?" The black-haired guy said.

"I'm from Jujutsu Speciality High School. Sorry but there's no time. The cursed object you have is extremely dangerous. Hand it over right away." The black-haired guy continued.

"Cursed object?" Itadori questioned.

"This." The black-haired guy shows Itadori a picture on his phone. "You have it, right?" The black-haired guy said.

"Hm? Oh yeah! I found it." Itadori says.

"I don't really mind giving it back, but my Senpai have taken a fondness to it. I'd at least like an explanation." Itadori continues.

"Nationally, the average number of unexplained deaths and missing persons exceeds 10,000 annually. The majority are the result of negative energy that flows out of people... the result of a curse." The black-haired guy explains.

"A curse?" Itadori says, scratching his head.

"It doesn't matter if you believe me or not! And so... Places where crowds gather, like schools or hospitals... are susceptible to receiving that energy. Pain, regret, humiliation... The more people dwell on such bad memories... The more these places become receptive to these feelings. For that reason, a cursed object is often found at such places as a talisman. The object you found is such an item." The black-haired guy continues explaining.

"Guess it was a good idea to follow them. Means I learn more about curses. Sweet." You thought to yourself.

"A talisman? Isn't that a good thing? How's that dangerous?" Itadori asks, still confused.

"A talisman sounds harmless enough. The more evil placed on a cursed object, the more it deflects other curses. Using poison to fend off poison. After many years, the seal weakens and the talisman essentially changes form. Then it attracts curses and feeds on them. Among other cursed objects, the one placed at your school is extremely dangerous and is categorised as special grade. Now, before anyone dies... Hand it over." The black-haired guy finishes.

"Like I said, I don't care." Itadori says as he chucks some box at the black-haired guy.

"You better explain this to my Senpai!" Itadori adds.

"Where are the contents?!" The black-haired guy says, raising his voice.

"God am I glad I followed these two. Shame I don't have popcorn." You thought to yourself.

"Like I said! My Senpai have it!" Itadori says.

"Where do they live?!" The black-haired guy says.

"Bit invasive don't ya think?" You thought to yourself.

"Not sure... Somewhere over in Izumi distri..." Itadori pauses.

"What's wrong?" The black-haired guy says.

"They mentioned something about peeling off the seal tonight at school." Itadori pauses, looking at the black-haired guys face. "Wha-?! Is that bad?!" Itadori finishes.

"Not just bad... They'll die!" The black-haired guy says.