Chapter 40

It was now the morning. Yuji, Nobara, Gojo-sensei, Maki, Inumaki and Panda had all agreed to meet at the dining hall to decorate. Each person was given a role to fulfil. Gojo-sensei, Yuji and Panda were placed in charge of decorating. Inumaki was in charge of food. Nobara and Maki were in charge of wrapping presents. Yuji wanted the day to be perfect for you. He wanted to show you that everyone at the school really did care for you. And he wanted to show this by throwing a party for your birthday. To prove he was paying attention to the conversations you had with him.

"So this is for Y/N, right?" Maki asks.

"Yeah. Yuji pointed out the other day that her birthday was circled on a calendar in her room." Nobara replied.

"Decorating is a lot harder than I thought." Yuji sighed.

"So help us wrap then." Nobara said.

"Alright, alright, I'm coming." Yuji says.

"Maybe you should've planned this a little better, Yuji-kun." Gojo says.

"It was on short notice." Yuji countered.

"No. You found out on short notice because you stayed at her dorm and noticed it on her calendar after eating pancakes." Nobara pointed out.

"You stayed in her dorm overnight?" Panda asks.

"Bold." Maki adds.

"Shake." Inumaki says.

Ok, I know I'm halting the story here but I just found something out about Inumaki. When he says "Shake" (Salmon), he means "yes" and when he says "Okaka" (Bonito flake), he means no. I didn't even know that.

"You're agreeing with them too?" Yuji whined.

"Yuji-kun they're right. It is bold." Gojo adds.

"Who's side are you on?" Yuji says to Gojo.

"My own." Gojo replies.

"Let's just get back to sorting this out." Yuji says, ending the conversation.

"You aren't denying it." Nobara teases.

"What's there to deny?" Yuji asks.

"That is was bold of you to stay at hers." Panda pointed out.

"It wasn't intentional! She had a fever and fell asleep on my shoulder." Yuji counters.

"Yet you made no attempt to move." Nobara teases.

"What is this, pick on me day?" Yuji sighs.

"Lighten up, we're only joking." Nobara said.

"Yeah and I got that." Yuji replied.

"You're just on-edge cos of your plan aren't you?" Nobara teases.

"Yes." He mumbles.

"Plan?" Maki says.

"Don't worry." Nobara said.

"Oh, did you tell her to bring the letter?" Nobara asks.

"No. But I was gonna go meet her at her dorm and bring her here. Oh and get Fushiguro to come down as well." Yuji explained.

"Get me to come down why?" Megumi said, appearing at the door.

"Oh, Megumi. Hello." Yuji said.

"What's going on in here? Why are you decorating?" Megumi asks.

"It's Y/N's birthday today." Nobara said.

"Oh right." Megumi said.

Once the decorating was all done and everything was ready - it took about an hour - Yuji left the hall and told everyone to hide. He said to switch the lights off after he left so you wouldn't know anyone was in the room. The curtains were closed which made the room darker. He headed out of the hall and towards your dorm, making sure he looked alright.