Chapter 11

Outside Jujutsu Tech:
"He told us to "live long"... but all your problems vanish when you die. Is this the first time one of your comrades has died?" Kugisaki says.

"It's my first time, for a classmate." Megumi responds.

"Hmph, you seem oddly fine." Kugisaki says.

"You too." Megumi says in response.

"Well, I only knew him for about 2 weeks." Kugisaki replies.

"I think it's hit Y/N hard." Megumi adds.

"Yeah... actually, where is she?" Kugisaki says.

"She's in her room I think. Probably resting and mourning." Megumi replies.

"I'm not such a soft woman... that I would cry over the death of someone like him." Kugisaki says, her lip quivering.

"What the hell? You're more depressing then ever... Megumi. Is this a wake?" A woman that Fushiguro knows says.

"Zenin-Senpai." Megumi says.

"Don't call me by my family na-" She says before she's interrupted.

"Maki. Maki!" Someone shouts.

"He really did die. Yesterday! A boy in first year!" A panda says.

"Katsuobushi flakes." Another person adds.

"Say it earlier- I'll seem like a cold, heartless devil!" Maki shouts at Panda.

"Actually, that's exactly what you are, you know?!" Panda shouts back.

"Tuna Mayo." The other guy agrees.

"Those people (?) Who are they?" Kugisaki asks Megumi.

"They're our second year Senpais." Megumi pauses.

"Zenin-Senpai. She's the best and handling charms, out of us students. A specialist in spells, Inumaki-Senpai. His only vocabulary is onigiri ingredients. That's Panda-Senpai." Megumi finishes.

"There's one more; Okkutsu-Senpai. He's the only one I can openly respect, but he's overseas right now." Megumi adds.

"Are you seriously gonna leave the panda's introduction at 'Panda'?" Kugisaki asks.

"Oh, sorry guys. You're still in mourning. But I want you to attend the Kyoto Sister School Exchange." Panda says.

"Kyoto Sister School Exchange?" Kugisaki repeats, confused.

"It's a joint programme with the other magic technical college in Kyoto. But the event is mainly for second and third years, right?" Megumi explains.

"Those third-year half-wits are suspended from school. We don't have enough people so you guys gotta do." Maki explains.

"Also, I thought there were 3 first years. Where's the third?" Maki adds.

"Actually, we don't know. We haven't seen her since yesterday." Megumi says.

"Tokyo School and Kyoto School... the match types proposed by each school principal will be given one day each. The event is carried out over two days. Well, that's the official consensus. Every year the first day is a team match and the second one is an individual match." Panda explains.

"Salmon." Inumaki says in response.

"An individual match and a team match. That means we're gonna fight?! With other Shamans?!" Kugisaki says.

"Yeah. It's a sorcery battle where anything that isn't killing goes." Maki explains.

"On the defence end, I'll train you to the bone so you don't get killed!" Panda says.

"... Hm?" Kugisaki says.

"More importantly, do we have that kind of time? Shamans have a labour shortage, right?" Kugisaki says.

"Right now the melancholy of humans accumulates from the end of winter until spring. And come crashing down in the early summer, materialising as curses. It's a busy season." Panda explains.

"Sometimes we're busy all year long, but I think it gets calmer little by little, ya know?" Maki says.

"I see~" Kugisaki says.

"So, you're gonna do it,right? Al three of you? Your comrade died after all." Maki says.

"I'll do it." Nobara and Megumi say at the same time.

"But if I think the gruelling training or the exchange is useless... I'll stop immediately." Nobara adds.

"Same here." Megumi says.

"Hah." Maki says.

"Well, this degree of audacity makes it worth doing." Panda says.

"Katsuobushi flakes." Inumaki says in agreement.

With Gojo in the coroners office:
"You know I have a bad personality, don't I?" Gojo asks.

"I know." Ijichi replies.

"I'll seriously slap you later Ijichi. Why would someone like me, who doesn't have the characteristics of a teacher, take a teaching job in a technical college? Ask me." Gojo says.

"Why is that?" Ijichi says, sweating profusely.

"Because I have a dream." Gojo replies.

"A dream you say?" Ijichi enquires.

"Yeah. As you know from what happened to Yuji, the establishment is the den of evil in the world of sorcery. Conservative fools, nepotic fools, arrogant fools, and simply idiotic fuckers... it's a bargain sale for rotten oranges. I'll hit reset on the shithole that the world of sorcery is. It's easy to slaughter all the guys at the top. But they would just be replaced, and nothing would change. And anyone who'd simply kill the higher-ups wouldn't gain any followers. That's why I chose education. To raise strong and clever comrades." Gojo explains in depth.

"That's why I sometimes dump my missions on my students. They're all excellent students. Especially the third-year Hakari and second-year Okkotsu. They'll become shamans who can rival me." Gojo adds.

"Yuji was one of them. And Y/N the other." Gojo thought to himself.

"Hey, you two. I'm gonna start." The coroner says, looking at Ijichi and Gojo.

"What are you looking at?" She adds, seeing the two stare directly behind her.

"Woah! I'm naked!" Itadori says.

"Gojo-san. He's aliv-" Ijichi said, stuttering.

"Hehehe. You're being noisy, Ijichi." Gojo says.

"That's a bit of a shame." The coroner sighs.

"Ummm... this is embarrassing." Itadori says.

"Yuji." Gojo says, getting his attention. "Welcome back!" He adds.

"Yo. I'm back!" Itadori says then high-fives Gojo.

"Ah I have to rectify the report." The coroner says.

"Nah, it's fine like this. Before they come after Itadori again, I want time to build Yuji's strength to an acceptable minimum. Leave Yuji as dead on record." Gojo says.

"Hm?" The coroner says.

"So you're gonna completely hide Itadori?" The coroner asks.

"Nah. I'll make sure he returns to school before the exchange program begins." Gojo answers.

"Why?" She asks.

"For a simple reason. I haven't forgiven them for taking a young person's youth away. Not even one of them." Gojo explains.

Then, Gojo and Itadori left the coroners office and walked towards a location unknown to everyone except for Gojo.