Chapter 8

"Let's go forward." Megumi says.

You all begin to walk forward before stumbling upon a body. Itadori stared at it in shock. And so did you. The man was losing the lower half of his body and there were two balls of body parts in front of the man.

"This is atrocious..." Megumi pauses. "It's... Okay to say these are three people, right?" Megumi adds.

Nobara just stared at the scene in disbelief. Same as you. While Itadori went over to the body and read the name tag. It read, "Okazaki Tadashi."

"I'm taking this body home." Itadori says, looking down at the body.

"Huh?" Nobara questioned.

"It's that person's son. His face hasn't been too damaged." Itadori replies.

"But...!" Nobara says before Itadori interrupts.

"Being told 'he's dead' without a body... she won't be able to grasp it." Itadori says.

Fushiguro then grabbed Itadori by the back of his jacket and held him like that, before talking.

"We need to confirm the other two people are alive or dead. Leave his body." Megumi instructed.

"When we looked behind us, the path we came from disappeared. We don't have leeway to go back later." Itadori says.

"I didn't say 'do it later'. I said 'leave it'." Megumi said.

"I don't care about rescuing people I don't even want to help. And who have turned into corpses." Megumi adds, causing Itadori to grab Megumi's jacket.

"What do you mean?" Itadori asks.

"This is a reform school, you know? Informationg about the scene is disclosed to Shamans beforehand. That guy was driving without a license and hit a primary schoolgirl on her way home from school. It was his second time driving without a license." Megumi explains.

"No way..." You say in shock.

"You really fuss over leading a lot of people to the "right death", huh. But what would you do if those people you saved kill other people in the future?" Megumi poses.

"Then why?! Why did you save me...?!" Itadori shouts.

"Cut it out! There's a time and place for-" Nobara says before falling into a hole in the floor that was not there before.

"Kugisaki?" Itadoir says.

As Itadori says that, the three of you turn towards where the "entrance" used to be and see Megumi's Jade Hound in the wall. Dead.

"Itadori! Y/N! Run! We'll search for Kugisaki later!" Megumi said.

All three of you were about to run when a curse appeared in front of all three of you. Causing you all to freeze up. Neither of you could move. Eventually, you and Itadori tried and both went to hit the curse, however you were a fraction of a second slower than Yuji. As Itadori went to land the punch, his arm was cut off by the curse. He quickly took the fabric from his weapons' hilt and tied of the wound.

"Since I'm this close, I can't escape anymore. If I die, you'll die too, right? If you don't want that then cooperate with me, Sukuna!" Itadori says.

"I refuse." Sukuna says in response.

"Even if the me inside you dies, my soul is still cut into 18 other pieces. Though frustratingly the one who controls this body is not me. If you want me to take over then that's fine. But when that happens, before I go after the cured spirit... I'll kill those brats first. Next is that woman. It's full of vitality. It seems like I'll be able to have some fun." Sukuna replies with a sickening smile.

"I won't let you do that." Itadori replies.

"Besides, if you tried, I'd kill you before that happened." You say, also plastering a scary smile on your face.

"That's what I thought. But if all you're concerned about is me... your friends will definitely die." Sukuna says.

The curse sent out a ball of energy, causing you, Megumi and Yuji to step to the side.

"Fushiguro! Take Kugisaki and Y/N with you and run away from here! I'll hold it back until you three leave this place. When you're safe outside, give me any signal you want. Then I'll swap with Sukuna." Itadori explains his plan.

"There's no way I can do that! There's a high-grade opponent right there!" You say.

"Look closely. It's having fun. It's totally underestimating us. We can at least try to buy time." Itadori says.

"Fushiguro. Go and find Kugisaki. I'll stay with Yuji. Besides, you heard what Gojo-Sensei said, I am practically on par with Sukuna, if not stronger. And I could probably prevent Sukuna from going on a rampage. Fushiguro, please trust me with this." You reply.

"If you insist." Megumi says, sighing.

You and Yuji began to buy as much time as you could so that Fushiguro could find Nobara and get out, giving Yuji a signal so that he could transform into Sukuna. Though you were sceptical of his plan, you persisted in fighting the curse.

Then, the curse threw Itadori at a wall with its magical powers, causing you to create a sword with yours to buy Yuji some time to recover. Once he did, the curse was in Itadori's face and sent him flying again. Then sent out a cursed ball which caused you to draw another sword to stop the blast from hitting either of you.

"Yuji!" You shout out as Yuji got blasted backwards by the curse.

"I'm fine." He replies.

After a while, you heard a hound howl. You knew this was Megumi's way of telling you that he found Nobara and escaped. Once you heard the howl, Itadori immediately switched with Sukuna.

"You're such an annoying brat." Sukuna says.