Chapter 26

"Gojo-Sensei?!" You and Yuji say in unison.

"N-No way..." You say, covering your mouth in shock.

"Mhm. I know it may come as a shock but it's true. He was tag-teaming with another sorcerer. But unfortunately that sorcerer turned to a life of evil. No one talks about this man. But, that's not why you came to me. You came to me for the positive not the negative." Hikaru says.

"Anyway. We should be on our way now. Thank you Hikaru." You say, bowing.

"Wait. Before you go. Let Mamamaru heal you first." Hikaru says.

"I couldn't possibly..." You reply.

"It's fine. You're injured. Let me heal you." Mamamaru says.

"O-ok." You reply, following Mamamaru to the healing fountain.

"Yuji. Wait here." You say.

Yuji's POV:
Why is Sukuna's plan working?! This wasn't how I expected my day to go! I mean, I was glad to be hanging out with Y/N and all, but why on Earth did Sukuna suggest this idea?!

I sat on the floor of the shrine. Bored out my mind. Waiting for Y/N to come back. I know Gojo wanted to see us today and we needed to head back, but we had some time beforehand.

"I'm back!" Y/N calls out.

"Oh. So are you ready to go then?" I ask her.

"Yeah. Let's go. Mamamaru. Hikaru. Thank you. So much. It means so much." She says, bowing to them.

"You don't have to bow. It's fine. We wish you the best of luck!" Mamamaru says.

Third Person POV:
You and Yuji left the shrine and started heading back to the college. You walked down the steps and emerged on the streets. You walked in silence for a while before speaking up. Breaking the awkward silence.

"Hey Yuji? You're supposed to be dead, right? Had Gojo discussed how he's gonna show you to the Tokyo students?" You ask.

"No actually. You mean like a surprise welcoming?" He asks.

"Yeah. Knowing him, he's gonna try something big and it ultimately fail." You say, stifling a laugh.

"Oh wait. I thought Nobara and Megumi didn't know where you were?" Yuji says, teasing you.

"Wha- Yuji! Ya big tease! I think Nobara might hit me. Other than that, I should be fine. Oh." You say in response.

"What do you mean oh?" Yuji asks.

"Megumi." You say.

"What about him?" Yuji says.

Then, you summoned your Phoenix. And watched Yuji's reaction when you did so.

"Oh yeah. You have a Shikigami." Yuji says.

"Technically it's not mine. It's Futsunushi's. But I can somehow summon it." You reply.

The conversation fell back to awkward silence as you walked back to the school. You wanted to say something. Anything. But you had no idea what to say. Or how to continue the conversation from before.

"Say. Yuji? What made you eat the cursed finger?" You ask out of the blue.

It was a question that had been on your mind a while. You knew it had immense cursed energy. But what possessed a young boy to just eat it?

"Huh. Well. I wanted to save everyone. Fushiguro was in bad shape and I didn't even know if you could fight. I wanted to protect my friends. To be honest, it was a last minute decision on my part." He says.