Chapter 9

"You're such an annoying brat." Sukuna says.

Sukuna then patted the curse on the shoulder, causing the curse to just stop in his tracks.

"Wait a sec. I'm thinking now." Sukuna says.

"Hold on. Did you just get that curse to stop fighting because you want to think?!" You shout.

"Yes. Ah. Did Itadori leave a flaw in his plan? Leaving you behind? I could kill you in a heartbeat." Sukuna says.

"I'd like to see you try. But for now, let's just focus on the curse, k?" You say with a closed eye smile.

"Hey. We're gonna kill those brats. Follow me." Sukuna says to the curse.

"Huh. That wasn't Yuji's plan. What do you think you're doing?" You say to Sukuna.

The curse went to fire some cursed energy at Sukuna but he regrew Itadori's arm and deflected it.

"Ah. I accidentally healed this one too. I guess you don't like talking walks. Well, cursed spirits originally don't leave their birthplaces anyway. Good, good. Die here." Sukuna says as he grabs the curses head and slams him into the bridge, causing it to collapse with you on it.

"Hey. Do your best, man." Sukuna says, with a smirk.

"Maybe warn me next time if you're gonna smash a bridge!" You say as you make wings out of your cursed energy.

"Did you not hear a word I said earlier. I plan on killing you. The brat. And the woman." Sukuna says, before seeing you use cursed energy.

"Ah. Now I see why Itadori let you stay behind." Sukuna adds.

"I plan on fighting you one day, but Itadori isn't so keen." You pout.

"And why do I need his permission?" Sukuna says.

"Hehe. I'm starting to like you." You laugh.

As the bridge was collapsing, the curse tried to grab Sukuna's leg but he immediately ripped his arm off.

"You may be a cursed spirit, but is that arm valuable to you?" Sukuna says.

"And this one?" You ask it.

"So you're fast as well. How annoying." Sukuna says.

"Apparently, we're both classified as a level called "high-grade". Me, and you, small fry. You know?" Sukuna says to the curse.

"Hmm? How even more annoying. You have the same level of cursed energy as a high-grade. Now I'm starting to see why Itadori didn't mind you staying." Sukuna says.

"Actually, he doesn't know. Neither do the "brats" you want to kill." You say, rubbing the back of your neck.

"Oh, so then it won't matter if I kill you then." Sukuna says, with a smirk on his face.

"As I said, I'd like to see you try." You reply.

After Sukuna had slammed the curse into a wall, he soon jumped down in front of Sukuna. With a massive smile on his face.

"You look happy. Should I praise you? But regeneration is something that isn't difficult for cursed spirits, unlike for humans. You and those brats don't understand crap about curses. Very well, this is an opportunity. I'll teach you what sorcery is really about." Sukuna says, putting his hands together.

"Territorial Expansion. Demonic Feretory!" Sukuna says.

(A/N: A "Feretory" is a portable shrine that contains the relics of a saint.)

As Sukuna said that, the curse got sliced up into tiny pieces.

"I intended on cutting you into three, but you really are weak, huh? And right after that... I'm done! So unpleasant! If you're gonna switch with me, just do it already! Brat?" Sukuna says before smirking when realising he still has control.

"Shit. This isn't good." You said aloud.

Sukuna then started to head for the exit, causing you to follow behind him. Cautious of if he'll attack you or not. Once you got outside, he immediately went up to Megumi and started talking.

"If it's about him, he's not coming back. Don't be so frightened. I'm in a good mood right now. Let's talk a little. It must be payback for using me without any restraint. He seems to have a little trouble swapping with me. But that should just be a matter of time. So, I thought about what I could do in the meantime." Sukuna says, ripping Yuji's shirt.

As he did, he stuck his hand in Yuji's chest.

"Hey!" Megumi shouts.

"Stop. What are you doing?!" You add.

"I'm gonna take that brat hostage." Sukuna pauses, holding Itadori's heart. "I can live without this but, that brat can't. Swapping with me would mean death. And this... is to make doubly sure." Sukuna adds as he eats his own finger.

(A/N: God that sounds weird when I read that back.)

"Well then. I'm a free man. You can be afraid now. I'll kill you. For no particular reason." Sukuna declares to the two of you.

"Unlike that time... our roles have been reversed, huh." Megumi says, looking down.

(A/N: Sorry this chapter is shorter than the others. It didn't make sense to start writing more while using the next chapter of the manga as a reference cos there'd be no point. I tend to write 900-1000+ words per chapter so...

See ya next chapter! Author-chan!)