Chapter 31

"Can you do it? Itadori, my friend?!" Todou asks.

"Yeah!" Yuji replies with enthusiasm.

"Stop it, Itadori! That guy is too much for..." Megumi says before he starts coughing.

"Panda." Maki says.

"Gotcha." Panda replies.

Megumi had a confused expression plastered on his face. Before Todou spoke up.

"Carry these two to the other side of the screen. Nishimiya says the screen is a measure against Gojo Satoru, and any of us can go out no problem." Todo explains.

"Wait!! Even for you..." Megumi says before he got interrupted.

"It's alright." Yuji says.

Megumi was reminded of the last time something like this happened. When Yuji had asked him to put faith in him. Megumi's expression changed from one of confusion to one of slight shock. Somehow you had managed to go unnoticed by everyone. Mainly because you were sort of hiding.

"So you've noticed. Nobody can stop a guy when he starts growing out of his shell. Which is what's happening with Itadori now." Todou says to Megumi.

Megumi grits his teeth before he speaks up, aiming his sentence directly at Yuji.

"I'm gonna kill you if you die again!!" Megumi says.

"Alright let's go." Panda says to Megumi.

"Then I guess I can't die." Yuji says as Panda carries away Maki and Megumi.

Once you see them go, you come out from your hiding spot and stand next to Yuji, hiding the pained expression you had on your face. He turns and faces you and so does Todou.

"What the- where did you come from?!" Yuji says.

"I was *cough* here the whole time." You say.

Yuji and Todou look down and see the root hanging out from your stomach, though they also saw your phoenix flying above you. You took the liberty of explaining the roots to them.

"The roots *cough* if they imbed themselves in you, you can't use your cursed technique under any costs. *cough* if you do, the bud will imbed itself further." You explain.

"So then why can you still use your cursed technique?" Todou asks.

"She's the same as me. She has two cursed techniques flowing through her. So the bud is probably eating away at one of them." Itadori says.

"Yeah but it won't be long before I'm wiped out completely. I stopped Inumaki from coughing up blood earlier." You explain.

"I still don't think you should fight." Yuji says.

"I agree." Todou says.

"Wha- why?" You ask.

"Because I'm trying to protect you. I don't want to see you getting hurt again." Yuji says.

You blush at his words before Todou diverts the direction of the conversation.

"I'm not gonna interfere. Not until... you manage to use your "Black Flash"!!" Todou exclaims.

"Until you do that, no matter what happens... I'll just let you die." Todou adds.

"Harsh..." You say.

"Got it!!" Yuji says.

"Sukuna's host and Futsunushi's host and... what is that man...? There's an aura about him, but... just in terms of overall cursed energy..." The curse says aloud.