Chapter 19

Your POV:
"It feels like a conspiracy... and for some reason, I'm not in the mood for this." I say, leaning back in the seat.

What I forgot was the fact that I was still healing from the Shogi game Futsunushi had with Sukuna. And as I leant back in the chair, my knee and shoulder started hurting. Luckily, Ijichi was in the front so he didn't see my face contort from pain. I looked out the window to stop Yuji from noticing as well but I guess he noticed.

We all got out of the car and Ijichi grabbed the curses and we went to a street corner. We found Yoshino and Ijichi was about to let the fly-heads go, but the plan just went to shit.

"Here we go, Itadori. Y/N." Ijichi says, preparing to take the lid off of the cage.

"Timeout! There's someone there!" Itadori declares.

"Huh?" Ijichi says.

Too late. The fly heads were already let loose. Me and Yuji had to go and chase after them. It hurt to run but I didn't care. We needed to catch them. So Itadori managed to catch it but caused even more problems.

"Stooop!" Itadori shouted, holding the fly-head.

Boy am I glad he did all the running.

"Wait. He can see them." I think aloud.

And then I watched Yuji crash into a wall. I stifled a laugh causing Yuji to get mad.

"Hey. It's not funny. Why didn't you help me chase them?!" Itadori shouts at me.

"Cos I didn't feel like it. I could've easily caught them as well." I shout back.

"What is he? A gymnast?" Some guy declared. He seemed like Junpei's teacher.

"Hey. We have something we want to ask you so... give me a moment." Itadori said to Junpei and the teacher.

"Hold on. I'm the one talking to him right now!" The teacher says.

"Ah no it's pretty important stuff." Itadori explains.

I just stood there. Watching. I could easily get out of this situation. Maybe. I'll see how it plays out.

"Important stuff?! Who are you say that, kid?!" The teacher declares.

"God. This is really a tricky situation, isn't it (?) Look, teach, we have some important stuff to go over with Junpei. It's family related so... it's important." I say with a serious but deadly expression on my face.

"Oh I'm sorry. I didn't know." The teacher said and walked away.

"Score!" I say.

"Wha- You couldn't have done that earlier?!" Itadori says, an irk mark forming on his forehead.

I started laughing again. "What? Not my fault I wanted to see how it played out." I say, wiping away a fake tear.

"Well then, let's go!" Itadori says.

"... you didn't have to go out of your way to do that... you could've just pulled me aside." Junpei says.

"Hm, well..." Junpei adds.

"But... you hate that guy, right?" I say.

His face lit up. We hit the nail on the head.

"How...?" Junpei says.

"I had a feeling." I say.

"Ah, were we wrong?!" Itadori says, panicking.

"You're not wrong, though." Junpei says.

"You don't want someone lingering in front of your house forever, right?" Itadori says.

"Besides, you don't have to tolerate people you don't like you know. Anyway, let's go over there." I say, pointing in the distance.

"... yeah." Junpei says, agreeing.

The three of us headed away from outside Junpei's house and found ourselves sitting on some stone steps, facing a river.

"... damn. Ijichi won't pick up. I wonder if it's okay for us to go ahead and ask ourselves." Itadori says.

"Yuji. What's up?" I ask.

"Ijichi isn't answering." Yuji says.

"Huh..." I say, pondering what to do.

"Ahh!! Whatever, let's just ask!" Itadori says, angered at the situation.

"Hey, the other day, people died in the movie theatre you went to. Did you seen anything? Something gross, like this?" Itadori says, pointing to the fly-head at the last part.

"You just had to be blunt with it, didn't you." I deadpan.

"No, I didn't see anything. I've only come to see them clearly recently." Junpei answers.

"I see..." I reply.

"Then there's nothing more to ask!" Itadori says.

"Huh? Already?" Junpei responds.

"But could you wait until our boss (?) or something comes?" Itadori says.

"Sure..." Junpei replies.

"Hey, what were you watching at the theatre?" Itadori asks.

Great. These two are gonna ramble on about films. Probably films that I have ever even heard of before.

"It's an old remake so you wouldn't know even if I told you." Junpei replies.

"It's fine! It's fine!" Itadori says, reassuring him.

"Worm Humans 3." Junpei replies.

"It's really boring, isn't it? That's why I've been punched so many times." Itadori replies.

Wait. He was punched? Oh. The cursed bear.

"It really is... but it's a splatter movie, so... maybe we're expecting too much substance from a movie like that." Junpei says.

"But number 2..." Junpei pauses.

"But number 2 was kinda interesting, wasn't it!" Itadori replies.

I zoned out of their conversation. I didn't quite know what they were talking about. But it didn't bother me. So I just stared at the river. Watching the water ripple. Then, I felt another person's presence. But it wasn't Nanami because he went to the curses location. And it can't be Ijichi because he's off finding the fly-head. So who is it?

I look in the direction of where I sensed the presence and see a man standing. Watching us from a distance. Who is he? He was fully dressed in black. The only distinct feature about him was a scar across his forehead. A scar that made him look almost like Frankenstein. I sneakily pull out my phone and take a snapshot of the mystery man, forgetting my phone wasn't on silent.

"Hey. Y/N. You ok?" Itadori asks.

"Yeah. Yeah. I'm fine. Just taking pictures of the sky. That's all." I lie through my teeth.

"So she sensed it too." Sukuna thought to himself.

A/N:
I've just realised that saying Sukuna thought that to himself is weird. I mean, he shares a body with Yuji! So, that leads to the fact that, maybe. Just maybe. Yuji finds out. I've realised where I'm up to manga wise. So as an extra, I'm gonna include a chapter just about you, the reader. And your life growing up!