Chapter 36

It was the next morning. You woke up to find Yuji still asleep, his head resting atop yours. You blushed slightly remembering how you fell asleep leaning on his shoulder after coming down with a fever. You slowly raised your left hand up to your forehead so as not to stir Yuji. You placed your hand on your forehead, sighing that you no longer had a fever. You felt Yuji stir slightly as he leant on your head before moving slightly. He had been awake the whole time.

"You're awake?" You say.

"Yeah. I've been awake a while. I would've had breakfast ready but you were sleeping on my shoulder and I didn't want to wake you." Yuji says.

You blush slightly before smiling at Yuji, sitting straight up on the sofa and stretching. You headed to your kitchen and started to grab some ingredients out. You went into the cupboard and grabbed some flour and oil before heading to the fridge and grabbing the milk and some eggs. You placed them on the counter and started to measure out the ingredients. You grabbed a mixing bowl and a wooden spoon as well as a smaller bowl to measure the ingredients and a weighing scale.

You grabbed the bag of flour and weighed out 100g before pouring it into the mixing bowl. Yuji headed into the kitchen, wondering what you were making. He stood next to you at the countertop, looking down at the simple array of ingredients.

"Can I help you?" He asks you.

"Sure. Crack 2 eggs." You say to him.

"That it?" He says.

He grabbed two eggs and went to crack one into the bowl but made a mess and got some shell in the bowl. You looked over and laughed at Yuji not being able to crack an egg cleanly.

"Yuji you got some shell in the bowl." You say, laughing slightly.

"I did?" He said, taking a peak into the bowl.

You grabbed the second egg and handed it to him, showing him how to crack an egg by guiding his hands at the side of the bowl. He blushed slightly at the contact but let you show him how to crack an egg with him still helping out.

"Could you grab a frying pan out of the bottom cupboard?" You ask him.

He heads over to the cupboard while you measure out 300ml of milk into a measuring jug. He placed the frying pan on the stove before heading back to the countertop seeing you mixing the ingredients in the bowl.

"Can I have a go?" He asks.

"Sure." You say.

You passed him the bowl and watched him mix before having an idea. You smirked slightly and grabbed a spoon from the drawer and headed back to the bowl. Yuji stared in confusion before you scooped up a bit of the pancake mix and dolloped a bit on his nose before laughing loudly. He tried looking down at the pancake mix on his nose before also having the same idea. He took the spoon from your hand and does the exact same action you had done. Except you leaned in close to him and scooped it off his nose and licked it off your finger, causing his cheeks to dust a bright pink.

You then started laughing and continued stirring the pancake mix with the whisk while Yuji was trying to rid himself of the blush that was very visibly present on his face. You stopped mixing and headed to a cupboard, grabbing some clingfilm and wrapping the top of the bowl with it.

"Why are you wrapping the bowl in clingfilm?" Yuji asks.

"Yuji. Do you seriously not know how to make pancakes?" You ask.

"Oh..." He said.

"Wait... you didn't know we were making pancakes?" You sigh.

"No..." He says, turning away from you.