Chapter 32

"I'm gonna unseal my jujutsu technique!!" Todou exclaims.

"Didn't you use that before?" Itadori asks.

"That wasn't your jujutsu technique? When you swapped Itadori's position with Kamo?" You ask.

"But I don't have time to explain it right now. I only have one thing to tell you!! Don't stop! Believe in me!" Todou says, directed at you and Yuji.

"I mean that's two things." You mutter.

Todou began thinking. Contemplating. Trying to think of the best course of action in order to defeat the curse. Todou, you and Yuji got into fighting stances. Without even realising it, a root came out from beneath the floor and grabbed Todou's leg before he was flung. The same happened to you. Todou managed to bounce back but you were flung into a tree. Your shoulder colliding with it along with your arm.

You were out for a few seconds before you got up, unsteady on your feet, and made it over to where Todou and Yuji were stood. When you got there, you watched Yuji punch Todou in the face.

"Todou!!" Yuji exclaimed.

"I see. It's simple. And therefore a troublesome technique." The curse says.

"Yeah, my technique is switching the positions between me and my enemy. "Boogie Woogie"!!" Todou exclaims.

(the Kanji for "Boogie Woogie" literally means "unfair game".)

"Todou!!" Yuji says.

"Shh. Let's finish it off before he can get used to it." Todou says to Yuji and you.

"I can't help much anymore but you can have full use of my phoenix at your disposal." You say.

"Huh, what's that supposed to mean?" Todou says.

"My shoulder's dislocated and my arm is probably broken. Sorry guys." You say.

"Just perch in the tree, control your phoenix from there." Yuji says.

"Mhm." You say.

You head off and perch in a tree, still in earshot of the conversations taking place below.

"By the way, clapping my hands activates my technique." Todou says.

Todou and Yuji then charged at the curse, both attacking with their own cursed techniques. Yuji then was in perfect position to use his Black Flash. He used it on the curse. Four times in a row. Before Todou speaks up just before the last Black Flash.

"Clapping my hands doesn't necessarily mean I'll use my technique. It's simple, but it really gets ya, right?" Todou says.

Todou and Yuji carried on fighting the curse. Landing attack. After attack. After attack. Then, a root started growing out from the curses back, sending buds everywhere. Yuji was sent backwards but Todou was protecting him from the curses attack. They kept on fighting until Todou had brought the curse back slightly. To where Maki's staff was lying.

"The river?" Yuji said, staring down at his feet.

Todou used Maki's technique, "Roaming Cloud" and aimed at the curse's branches in his eyes. Knocking part of it off before the curse aimed a branch at Todou which he narrowly dodged. The curse then decided to rely on a cursed technique that he didn't want to use. Yuji then came jumping out from the trees.

"Todou!!" Yuji said.

"Don't come, brother!! It's emitting an outrageous amount of cursed energy." Todou explained.

"Territorial ex..." The curse went to say before the screen disappeared and Gojo arrived.

"The screen!" You and Yuji said at the same time.

"Now then. Where do I go first?" Gojo said.

"Gojo-sensei?!" You and Yuji say in unison.

Just as quick as he arrived, he disappeared. Probably heading off to buy kikufuku mochi – I mean fight the other curses.

The curse then opted on retreating.

"Don't fuck with me!! What the hell are you here for?!" Yuji calls out.

"Brother." Todou says, standing in front of Yuji.

"Todou!! Why are you stopping me?!" Yuji says, confused.

"Don't get any closer." Todou pauses, reaching his finger forward.

"You'll get caught in it." Todou adds.

Gojo used his own territorial expansion (not me going to write it in Japanese) and it opened up.

"As usual. He's pretty non-standard." Yuji says.

You came down from the tree, holding your arm and stood next to Yuji.

"We can't even tell if it's been exorcised or not." You say.

After confirming that the curses were gone, you were relieved of everything. You and Megumi were sitting up in beds. With Nobara and Yuji sat at seats on the side. Because of your arm, it was bandaged up and placed in a sling since Ieiri used the remaining of your cursed energy on the bud in your stomach.

"Since when were you buddies with that gorilla?" Megumi asked Yuji.

"Um.. I wouldn't say we're buddies. I remember what happened, but I wasn't really myself." Yuji answers.

"Yeah you can say that again. He was acting like a fucking beast." You say.

"Were you drunk?" Nobara asks.

"Kugisaki, you think I'm the kind of person who drinks in a situation like that?" Yuji counters.

"We're glad you're okay, Fushiguro! L/N!" Yuji says.

"It ended up being a good thing that I was out of juryoku. Once we got rid of the roots, Ieiri was able to heal me." Megumi says.

"Mhm. Except I didn't run out of cursed energy. So I had to tap into her cursed energy but there wasn't enough for me to healed properly. Ieiri said I'd be okay in two weeks." You say.

Megumi was eating the food in front of you but you hadn't touched it. Any of it. Itadori looked at you in worry before speaking up.

"So things like that happen too, huh?" Itadori says.

"You fought against it, right?" Nobara asks.

"Itadori. You've gotten stronger." Megumi says as Yuji is eating a slice of pizza.

"We talked about our own truths that time. Perhaps we're both right. Or both wrong." Megumi adds.

"There are questions without an answer too, you know. You're overthinking it. You're gonna go bald." Nobara says.

"Yeah... there's no answer. It comes down to whether you can come to terms with it or not." Megumi says.

"It's impossible to come to terms without a sense of self. Weak jujutsu sorcerers don't have a sense of self. I have so many things I want to tell you guys, but I can't bring myself to say it." You say, almost in a whisper.

"I'll also get stronger... and surpass you!!" Megumi says to Yuji.

"Heh heh... that's more like it." Yuji says with a smile.

"Are you leaving me out of this?" You and Nobara say in unison.

"As expected of brother's friends." Todou says.

It was like he appeared out of nowhere. This in turn caused Yuji to dash straight out of the room where everyone was.

"Come back here, brother!" Todou called.

"I'm thankful! But please, enough! I wasn't myself!" Yuji said.

You, Nobara and Megumi just sat there. Deadpanning.

"What're you talking about?! You've been like that since junior high!" Todou said.

"I didn't go to junior high with you!" Yuji counters.