Chapter 7

(A/N: Please bear with me on this one. I do apologise for the amount of speech there is. I'm gonna try to do a whole chapter soon where there's less speech and more description, if you know what I mean. Anyways, thanks for reading! Author-chan!)

It was the next day. All 5 of you had been called out to a facility as your next mission. You had all left Jujutsu and arrived at the scene. At the entrance, there was a man stood there. You all walked up to him and he explained what was going on.

"Our 'window' confirmed the cursed womb's existence about three hours ago. When the evacuation was at 90%, we closed the facility after evaluating the scene. At the inmates' hospital 2nd lodge, five patients were left there with the cursed womb. If the cursed womb can metamorphose, we predict that it will become a high-grade cursed spirit." The person said, who you soon learned his name was Ijichi Kyotaka.

"Hey, I still don't really get all this high-grade stuff." Yuji says.

"Neither do I." You add.

"Here's a manual even idiots can understand." Ijichi says, handing you the manual.

"Ok, so, you can defeat a Fourth Grade with a wooden baseball bat. You can be relieved with a handgun when it comes to a Third Grade. You'd barely make it with a shotgun when fighting a Second Grade. A military tank wouldn't be enough when it came to a First Grade. And you'd need rapid carpet bombing for a High-Grade." You pause. "From what I remember, Sukuna and Futsunushi are both High-Grade. So, if need be. But as a last resort. Me and Sukuna... Could fight this High-Grade cursed spirit." You say.

"Naturally, Shamans with an equal level to the cursed spirits are assigned missions. In today's case, that would be someone like Gojo-Sensei." Megumi explains.

"So where's Gojo-Sensei?" Itadori asks.

"He's on a business trip. In the first place, he can't just hang around in the school. He's talented." Megumi pauses. "However, we already know that Y/N could beat Gojo-Sensei in a hand-on-hand combat battle." Megumi added.

"Ehh. That happened? Did she beat the smug smile of his face?" Nobara joes.

"Yeah. He was so sour the next day." Itadori replies.

"This industry always has a labour shortage. Many Shamans have taken missions beyond their capabilities. But this time, it's an emergency, and there's an anomaly." Ijichi explains.

"'Things you should never battle against'. You have two choices when you're against a high-grade enemy; run or die. Follow what youe fear tells you, please. Don't forget that your mission is to confirm whether there are any survivors. If there are any, strive to rescue them to the bitter end." Ijichi adds.

"Excuse me! Excuse me! Is Tadashi... Is my son okay?" A mother calls out.

"This parent personally came to see us. Depending on the person, there's a chance that the poison has spread." Ijichi explains.

"Fushiguro. Kugisaki. L/N. We're going to save them." Itadori declares as you begin walking towards the building.

"Of course." You and Nobara say at the same time.

"I'll bring down the 'screen'. Please be careful. 'That which frightens more than darkness itself... That which is darker than black... purify the defilement.'" Ijichi says as you all start to walk inside.

"It's almost night-time." Itadori says.

"How ignorant." You and Nobara thought at the same time.

"The 'screen'... it's because the residential district is nearby; the screen hides us from the outside." Megumi explains.

"Jade Hounds." Megumi says, summoning his cursed dogs.

"He'll let us know when the curse comes closer." Megumi adds.

"Let's go!" Itadori says.

All four of you walk in further, you looking around as you do so. Focusing on your surroundings. But Itadori decided to interrupt your concetration.

"?? What's going on?! We're supposed to be in the two-story dorm, right?" Itadori asks.

"C-calm down!" You say.

"It's just two stories!" Nobara adds.

"That's not it." Megumi says, shocked.

"Huh? What's wrong?" You say.

"Where's the gate?!" Megumi said, turning to look at the entrance you supposedly came through.

"The door disappeared! Why?! We just came in through that door, right?!" Itadori says.

"Can you do it?" Megumi asks his Jade dog.

"It's okay. He remembers the smell of the exit and entrance." Megumi explains.

As he did, Nobara and Yuji started ruffling the dogs fur and Kugisaki said she would give the dog all the jerky that it wanted.

"You really are reliable, Fushiguro. People are saved because of you and... even I'm saved." Itadori says with a smile.

"Let's go forward." Megumi says.