Chapter 24

"Nanamin...!" Itadori says in shock.

"I'll reprimand you two later. Give me a report on the situation at hand." Nanami says.

"We couldn't save two people..." You reply.

"First, tell me about your physical conditions." Nanami says.

"We're fine though we have holes all over our bodies." Yuji says.

"And everyone in the school has collapsed in the gymnasium." You add.

"What's this? You're looking super lively, aren't you, shaman? It's good that we both made it out safe. Wanna go in for a hug?" Mahito says to Nanami.

"Itadori. L/N. What about that nosebleed?" Nanami asks.

"Huh?" You say.

"We punched him..." Yuji adds.

"When?" Nanami says.

"At the very beginning." You say.

"Did he touch you?" Nanami asks.

"Yeah." Yuji and you reply in unison.

"My attacks don't have any effect on him." Nanami says.

"Huh?! Wh-" Yuji says.

"I'll tell you when I reprimand you two later." Nanami says.

"However, I can stop him from moving. Let's shower him with attacks as soon as we create an opening. We'll exorcise him right here for sure." Nanami says.

"Yeah!" Itadori says.

"Agreed!" You add.

You kept on simultaneously attacking Mahito with Nanami and Yuji. Trying to land attacks but it was futile. Mahito kept changing the form of his soul. You, Nanami and Yuji managed to get close enough to all land an attack at the same time.

That's when you, Nanami and Yuji realised something about Mahito. When the three of you went to land an attack, he shrunk.

"Right before he changes his shape..." Nanami pauses.

"There's a charging time to his magical power." Yuji adds.

"That's right." Nanami replies.

Then, Mahito threw up some reconstructed humans and threw them out.

"Kill that short-haired brat and the girl." He said to the reconstructed humans.

"As I thought..." Nanami said as the two of you fought the reconstructed humans.

You'd both jumped onto a roof of one of the buildings and you told Yuji to stand back as you had an idea.

"Yuji. Stand back. I have an idea." You say to him.

"Are you sure?" Yuji asks.

"Yeah. I'm gonna make two spears out of my cursed energy. You take one and I'll use the other." You say to Yuji.

You made the two spears and passed one to Yuji. He got pinned down by one of the reconstructed humans and you heard it speak.

"Let's... play..." one of the said.

Yuji couldn't bring himself to do anything.

"Pl... ease... kill me." Another says.

"Tsk." You say, preparing to use the spear.

You told Yuji to close his eyes and you wiped out all of the reconstructed humans with the spear. You leaned over the edge, listening intently to Nanami and Mahito's conversation, telling Yuji to do the same. But staying in absolute silence.