Chapter 21

After the incident at Satozakura high school, the corpse of Yoshino Junpei's mother, Yoshino Nagi, and Sukuna's bare finger <left hand pinky> were found.

The corpse of Yoshino Nagi, who seems to have been attacked by cursed spirits that approached Sukuna's finger, was missing below the waist.

There were no bloodstains that could be confirmed by sight. Yoshino Nagi's body was laid in the bedroom. When the bed cover was taken off, there were cold packs and ice bags spread all over the body.

And you bared witnessed to it.

You, Yuji and Ijichi had met back up with Nanami. You still couldn't shake the horrid memory of the night before from your brain. You couldn't do anything. Your body refused to move. You just stood there and watched the curse attack and kill Junpei's mother.

"Am I a hindrance, Nanamin?" Yuji asked out of the blue.

"Am I just too weak to even face enemies that are of a high calibre?" You add. Definitely feeling the stress of the night before.

"Take us with you next time." Yuji says.

""My comrade died. But I wasn't there". "Because I'm a child". I'd feel bad saying that. That's our of the question. As you know, the enemy uses restructured humans. Some people cannot be helped. As long as you're in this business, there will come a day where you will also have to kill someone. But today is not that day. Please understand. Being a child is by no means a crime. From today onewards... I'll have you observe Yoshino Junpei." Nanami explains.

So Itadori then went off somewhere for a while will you just stayed there. Staring at the floor for a moment until Nanami pulled you up on it.

"Why so distant?" Nanami asks.

"Because..." You pause, shuffling your feet and playing with the hem of your blazer. "Yoshino Junpei's mother... she died. Right in front of me. I tried to warn her. I tried. But it was futile. I tried to say something without scaring her. If only I had sensed the cursed finger earlier." You say, a stray tear falling down your cheek.

"Cursed finger?" Nanami says.

"Yeah. As me and Yuji went to leave I sensed two strong amounts of cursed energy. I deducted that one was a finger and the other a curse." You pause. "Oh, here." You say to Nanami passing him the finger.

"Does Itadori know?" Nanami asks.

"No... I can't bear to tell him either. I thought it best to tell you. Because you'd know the right course of action. You'd know what to do. But... I have to agree with Yuji. You should've taken us with you. Fair enough we don't want to fight to kill. But Yuji... he opened my eyes to something. Yes I don't want to hold the life of another in my hands, but if it's life or death. I'm willing to make that sacrifice." You say to Nanami, a spark of confidence within you.

"Say. You're quite the confident one. What's your jujutsu? I've only ever seen Yuji fight." Nanami asks.

"Oh. I can make weapons out of my cursed energy. And, if I focus enough, granted it uses a lot of cursed energy, I could seal away a curse. It was how I managed to force Yuji to take over Sukuna the day he "died". I used a hidden technique that allows me to do that. I haven't tried it on cursed energy. Only curses. So I don't know if it works. But I am not willing to try it on my comrades. So I'm saving it for the right moment." You say, still full of confidence.

"Anyway. I'm gonna go and find Yuji now." You say, heading off.

You head off in the direction Yuji went and found him on the roof, staring out at the sky.

"Hey." You say, gaining his attention. 

"Hey." He replies.

"So what brings you up here?" You ask.

"Just thinking. You?" Yuji asks.

"Came looking for you." You reply, showing a smile.

"Huh. Oh. How're your injuries?" Yuji asks.

"Still healing. But not as bad as before. Don't think I'm stepping down from fighting. Not gonna happen. I have something that puts us at an advantage." You say to Yuji.

"Really? What's that?" He asks, curious.

"A cursed technique, I guess you could call it. From what I understand, I have the ability to seal away curses. But for how long, I guess you've figured that out. I'm yet to try it on cursed energy. But I'm not willing to risk it on my comrades. Besides, it takes up a hell of a lot of energy anyway. I used it as a last resort once." You say to Yuji, averting your eyes.

"Yeah, you brat. Don't ever do that again! You foiled my plans!" Sukuna says from the side of Yuji's cheek.

"Now you decide to show up! Wait, what does she mean?" Yuji asks his cheek.

(A/N: god that sounds super weird. Basically what I mean is Sukuna decided to appear as a mouth on Yuji's cheek. So that's how he's talking to Sukuna.)

"You don't remember? When you somehow managed to take control the day I ripped your heart out? It was her. She forced you to take control with that annoying ability of hers. It wasn't that hard to break out of. It's just annoying cos it took a while." Sukuna explains.

"So that's how I was able to regain control." Yuji says.

"Aww. Is Suki pissed I fucked with him and locked him away?" You say, in an annoying voice.

"Suki?! No. Brat you are not using nicknames. Just. Don't use that again. It pisses me off!" Sukuna says will Yuji just laughs at the nickname you gave him.

"Anyway. We should probably go. Nanami is probably looking for us. Ah wait. Actually I think Nanami's headed to Junpei's school." You say, coaxing Yuji into taking the bait.

~Earlier~
"I'm heading to Junpei's school. I think the curse might show up there. I have a feeling Yuji will follow so try to lure him in. I know you will come anyway. Besides, your sealing technique may come in handy." Nanami says.

"Do I even need to coax him? If I told him you were headed to the school, he'd just follow anyway. You know he will. Besides, he said so himself. He wants to be more involved." You say to Nanami.

~Present~
You and Yuji decide to head towards Junpei's school, since that's where Nanami was. You still didn't have the heart to tell him that Junpei's mother was killed and it was eating away at you. Another thing you wanted to know was what really happened when you were a child. Who was in charge of the massacre on your village?