Chapter 15

"Territorial expansion. Immeasurable void." Gojo says.

"What is this? It's quite powerful." You thought to yourself.

"Huh? You think this is powerful? Child, yours is more powerful. Yours makes people's worst nightmares manifest. You make them see things they can't see. Hear things that aren't there. This is why you are considered a high-grade, Y/N." Futsunushi says to you.

"This is the interior of boundlessness. Perception. Communication. They force you to repeatedly do what is necessary to survive. It's ironic. isn't it? When you're bestowed with everything, you slowly die... unable to do a thing. But because I have something I want to ask you... I'll spare you." Gojo says.

After grabbing the curses head, he threw it and released his territorial expansion.

"Now then. By whom were you told to come here?" Gojo asks the curse, standing on it's head.

"This is the strongest shaman...! As a living being, he's in a different league!" Itadori thought to himself.

"So you're not the type to act on orders, huh... I wonder if you'll gain something from killing me? Either way, who's your partner? Tell me already! I'll exorcise you, you know? Though I'd still exorcise you if you told me." Gojo says to the curse while standing on its head.

"So curses can have conversations, huh." Itadori says to no one in particular.

"I guess? It sure looks that way. Maybe only certain grades. The curse in the reform school couldn't. So maybe it's specific to the curse instead." You say to Yuji.

"Huh. Makes sense." Itadori says, shrugging off the fact that a curse is talking.

Then, out of nowhere something came flying towards Gojo, nearly hitting him.

Something came out of nowhere and snatched the curses head while everyone was distracted by the flowers.

"Huh. So cursed spirits of that level formed a faction, huh. It's interesting." Gojo thought aloud.

"Yuuji. Y/N. More importantly, I want you guys to become strong enough to beat that." Gojo says.

"That, huh!" Itadori says.

"Wait why am I included in this?" You ask Gojo.

"Because. You are strong with your curse inside you. But you need to focus on defeating it without relying on her." Gojo explains.

"Wait I don't get it. What do you mean by curse inside her?" Yuji asks.

"Erm. So basically, like you, I have a curse within me. Well, more like a God who's power I can rely on." You explain.

"You made a pact with her didn't you?" Gojo asks. 

"Should I not have?" You say rubbing the back of your neck.

"Depends. What did she want in return?" Gojo asks.

As soon as he did, a light blush was present on your cheeks. How were you supposed to tell your Sensei, your friend and another curse that Futsunushi wanted to make Sukuna vulnerable at the hands of you through the medium of Shogi.

"Erm... Shogi." You muttered.

"Huh?!" Yuji says.

"Shogi? That's what she wanted?" Gojo pauses. "Ah. Wait. She already told me this the other day." Gojo says with a smirk.

"She told you?!" You say, blushing harder.

"It's better to have a concrete objective, right?" Gojo says.

"Nah. I didn't get what was what, you know?" Yuji replies.

"If you set an objective, all you have to do is bolt through with all you've got. I'll hasten our plans a bit, and have you fight me and watch movies over and over again for a month." Gojo explains.

"Fight Sensei?!" Itadori says.

"I wonder if I'll be alive a month from now." Itadori thought aloud.

"After that is the real battle. I'll have you complete several big missions. Y/N will accompany you as well. Thoroughly learning the foundation of magic and its applications... and then unveiling the new you at the exchange." Gojo explains.

"Oh that includes me as well." You ask.

"Yes it does. You have improved over the past couple days. And you will only improve more." Gojo answers.

"Sensei, I have a question!" Itadori butts in.

"Yes, Yuji-kun?!" Gojo replies.

"What's this 'exchange' you're talking about?" Itadori asks.

"... I didn't tell you?" Gojo says.

Time skip to next day.
Gojo had left you with Yuji for the day, asking if you could help him with his cursed energy. You happily obliged, seeing this as the perfect opportunity to play Shogi against Sukuna.

"Hey Yuji?" You ask.

"Yeah?" He says.

"Swap with Sukuna." You ask, leaning back against the sofa.

"What. Why?" He replies.

"Cos. Trust me. If worse comes to worse I can suppress him." You say, reassuring him.

"Ok. If you say so." Yuji says, raising his hands in defeat.

"Sukuna. Swap with me." Yuji says.

"Why?" Sukuna replies.

"Cos Y/N wants you to." Yuji replies.

"Actually it's me who wants you to." Another voice says.

"Well. Well. Well. If it isn't the god of conquest." Sukuna says. "Ok brat, I'll swap." Sukuna adds.

"What do you want?" Sukuna says, unsatisfied.

"A game of Shogi. With a twist." Futsunushi explains.

"Ok? Then I am the one to suggest the twist. Every piece taken, you must cut the host where the other person says so." Sukuna proposes.

⚠️warning. The next bit is pretty gruesome.⚠️

"Ok. I agree." Futsunushi says with a smirk.

Futsunushi and Sukuna went back and forth while playing Shogi but only one came out victorious. Futsunushi. She lost very few pieces, unlike Sukuna. Itadori's body had a couple wounds on them but because Futsunushi won, she insisted that Sukuna healed him. Unfortunately, Futsunushi was unable to heal Y/N due to her not having enough cursed energy. You see, Y/N hasn't fully unlocked it yet. And Futsunushi is unsure if she should teach her.

Y/N had a cut to her knee and one to her shoulder. Since Sukuna and Futsunushi had taken over, neither Y/N not Itadori knew what happened. When Sukuna (reluctantly) and Futsunushi relinquished control to their hosts, Itadori saw the two cuts on Y/N's body.

"What the hell happened?!" Itadori said.

"Futsunushi wanted to beat Sukuna in a game of Shogi. And by the looks of you, she did." You explain.

"Let me go get some bandages. Stay there." Itadori says, looking around for bandages.

"Futsunushi." You say once Itadori had left.

"Teach me how to unleash my full abilities." You say.

"If you insist." Futsunushi replies.