Chapter 22

Ambers POV
Blaise finally convinced me to go to the waiting room and wait. No one was saying anything, not even a word. I sat there in silence with tears still running down my face that I did not know I had left in me.

Jackson, Chance, and Kingston stayed for a while but they went back to the manor a few hours ago to get some rest. But me Blaise and narcissa stayed.

It had been 5 hours. I had no clue what to think. Is he dead? He can't be. He can't.

Suddenly one of the doctors walked into the waiting room "may I speak to you three" he said as a knot formed in my stomach. We walked over and I tried to hide my nervousness about what he was going to say but there was no use "he is in critical condition, he is stable but he's got two broken ribs, his spinal cord was ruptured but we fixed it, and I don't know what spell was used on him but it took a toll on him for sure" he spoke. "Would you like to See him?" He asked.

"Y- yes i would like to, Blaise? Narcissa?" I said turning to them.

They both nodded and the doctor opened the doors "we have to go to the next floor that's where the.. critical patients are" He said.

I nodded and we took the elevator up and landed on the third floor. We walked to the room.

436

He opened the door and I saw Draco laying there with a tube down his throat and a cast on his stomach. His head hung to the side and his hands on both sides of him. The monitor constantly beeping to make sure his heart rate was still steady. All these machines he was hoked up to.

I let narcissa go first and set by him because that is her son. I went on the other side and held his other hand. Blaise stood behind me and rubbed my back as tears were falling down his face too.

I put my head in his hands as tears ran down them. I rubbed his hand and never let go.

It had been about 2 hours and still no response from him. Narcissa left to go get on some clean clothes and take a shower. I stayed of course with Blaise.

I fell asleep and woke up to Blaise shaking me awake "hey do you want to go home and clean up" he said with a soft voice.

"N- no i am not leaving" I said. "You can, I will watch him" I said and gave a small smile.

"Ok, I will come back in a little while" he said.

He left the room and it was just me and Draco's body that was being kept alive by machines.

Memories came rushing back in my mind again like they did earlier.

"Hey handsome" I giggled.

"Hey gorgeous" he smiled "you look amazing" he took a breath.

"Thank you" I giggled "you know I was going to wear the really sexy black dress but I decided to save that for another time" I whispered in his ear.

"Yeah I am glad you did" he laughed "care you dance?" He held his arm out.

"I would love to dance" I smiled as we both laughed.

When am I going to be wearing that dress for him..

He flopped down beside me and pulled the sheets over us. He turned to face me and I made eye contact and his grey eyes met with mine. "Merlin you make me crazy amber green" he muttered as he pulled me closer and whipped the hair out of my face.

"I love you" I said.

"I love you too" he said pulling me into his embrace. That never fails to make me feel like I am at home, confort, safety.

Love.

I pulled his hand to my face. "Please wake up Draco, I c- cant do this without you" I cried. "I- love you, and I will for eternity" I said.

I thought that would magically wake him up, but it did nothing. His head still in the same position it was before. Everything the same. Not one movement.

It hand now been 3 hours since Blaise left. He walked in "hey.." he said coming over to me.

"Hey" I said.

"How's he doing" he asked looking at Draco and noticing nothing had changed.

"The same" I replied flatly, no emotion, nothing. Just a pure void of nothingness.

"Do you want to go back to the manor? Just to take a shower? Get changed? I will be right here with him.." he said.

"Mhm please take care of him" I said as he pulled me into a hug and kissed the top of my head.

I muttered the spell and ended up at the manor. I trudged through the halls as my tear stained face was puffy and red. I saw Jackson coming out of his room. "Hey.." he said.

"Hi" I responded.

"How's he doing" he asked holding my shoulders.

"He's- he's in critical condition, all these tubes hooked up to him. It's pitiful Jackson" I said as he pulled me into a hug.

I pulled away "I just came by to take a shower and clean up" I gave a small smile.

"Ok love you" he smiled.

"Love you too" I said as I walked into Draco's room. I went to his dresser and picked up a sweatshirt. His quidditch sweatshirt. I picked it up and hugged it as it smelt like him.

I went to his bathroom and washed my hair and body. I put on his sweatshirt and sweatpants. I threw on my shoes. I walked out and saw narcissa. "Hey" I said coming to her.

"Hello darling, how is he doing.." she asked.

"The same" I responded.

"Ok well would you like to go back with me?" She asked.

"Mhm" I said as she muttered a spell and we ended up at the hospital.

I saw Blaise sitting in the chair next to Draco. We both sat down.

Waiting.

Waiting for something to happen.

Come on Draco.

Wake up.