Chapter 26

6k reads I can't anymore you guys are literally amazing. Also I am sorry I have not updated that much these past couple days. I have a lot of family issues going on rn, nothing to be worried ab just that's why I have not updated that much but I promise I will a lot more from now on ;) enjoy
Also this is going to end at probably 30 chapters lolllll

Ambers POV
It was the day of the ball to forget about everything. I don't get why they have to have this ball, it's not going to make people forget everything that happened on that terrible night. Especially me, I won't forget how I almost lost Draco. That feeling I got when I saw Blaise at the front door, a feeling I never want to feel again.

Chance and me got ready together. She was wearing this beautiful silk dress that was dark blue with a slit up the leg. I was wearing a beautiful red dress that had flowers at the top.

I have never really had a red dress so I am exited for this one

I have never really had a red dress so I am exited for this one. Draco finally is able to walk without his crutches the other day so that's amazing news.

"Ok so this necklace or this one" Chance said as she turned in her seat at the vanity and held up two dainty necklaces on her hands.

"That one" I laughed as I pointed to the gold charm dangling from a gold chain.

I went in the closet and put on the big red dress and came out. "Ok do I look good" I said as I trailed out of the closet and Into my dorm floors.

She got up and ran to me with her mouth opened in awe "you look amazing! I can't wait to see Draco's reaction!" She said as she helped me put on my heals and I put on my necklace Draco got me.

She already had her dress on "you look amazing as well" I smiled "so is Blaise taking you?" I asked as I went and picked up my clutch that had white rhinestones on it.

"Yes! Merlin he's so dreamy" she giggled as she put on her heals and stood up on the dark wood floor.

"Ready?" I asked as I opened the door and started walking out. She followed behind me and we walked down to the common room to see Jackson and Kingston dressed up in black suits.

"Well hello ladies" Kingston said as he walked up to us and hugged us "you guys look amazing" he exclaimed as he pulled away.

"Thank you" I smiled and Chance did the same.

"Ok well our dates can't be waiting! Go on!" Chance said as she started walked to the painting that leads us out of the common room. We all walked out and our feet took us to the entrance of the great hall where Draco and Blaise were standing.

"Draco!" I yelled as he spun around and saw me. "Hey handsome" I giggled as I ran up to him and jumped into his arms.

His arms wrapped around my waist and he spun me around and laughed. He let me down and we both took a breath. His black suit like always looked amazing. "How did I get so lucky" he smirked as he pulled me into a kiss in front of the students that were pouring into the great hall.

I saw Chance run into Blaise's arms and he kissed her. Seeing Blaise so happy was amazing, he really deserves it.

"Well would you like to dance" Draco said sternly and held his hand out for me to take it. I giggled and placed my soft hand against his. He guided me to inside of the great hall and I could hear the music playing and the students laughing.

We got up onto the dance floor were everyone was dancing to the song that was playing. Draco held my hips and spun me around.

I saw Blaise and Chance out of the corner of my eye dancing and muttering words to each other.

Suddenly a loud bang shook the room. Black smoke came up and all the students looked worried. They all ran off the dance floor but me and Draco and a few others stood there in panic on what was happening.

Suddenly bellatrix, fenrir, and a few other death eaters that were now free appeared in the big room. Bellatrix laughed annoyingly as she stepped up onto the floor were everyone was dancing.

"Oh Draco!" She exclaimed as she walked towards me and Draco. He hid me behind him as he trembled in fear. "And.. amber! You look so beautiful! Come on show yourself!" She said as I peaked out from behind Draco.

"What are you doing here." Draco seethed.

"Draco was it you who betrayed the dark lord.." she said coming closer. "Because I did not see you OUT THERE THE DAY OF THE BATTLE!" She shouted. "It was our duty to protect the dark lord but now guess what! He's dead!" She exclaimed.

"Yeah but that's been for like 6 months!" Draco snapped back at her.

"See Draco your duty was to protect the dark lord and what did he do to people who betrayed him? They get killed" she stated as everyone around us stood in shock. I could see Jackson, Kingston, Chance, and Blaise standing in fear for us.

"So.. sectumsempra!" She shouted and shot a red light towards Draco. He hit the floor and cuts appeared on his body. My whole world appeared in slow motion.

My world stopped, my screams filled the air as I dropped next to him and held him "no Draco you can't leave me.." I said as his breathing was so spaced out.

"Draco I love- y- you you can't do this" I stuttered as all the other students stood still I silence as I held Draco's body in my arms.

"L- listen t- to me amber-" he let out and I nodded. "Take care o- of yourself when I am gone, I won't be able to take care of you." He said as I looked in his eyes and my tears dropped on his face.

"No Draco you aren't Leaving me- please you can't leave me, we were going to grow old and have kids and get married. And to do that you need to be alive" I said as I held his face "we aren't saying goodbye"

"I love you, and I will forever darling. It's my time." He said as he held his hand against my face, my tears rolled down his hands.

"No Draco I love you too, I love you so much ok?" I said.

"I love you more, and I will for eternity. I will miss you so-" he groaned in pain "much"

"Draco please, you can't" I cried.

"Bye amber, I will see you in another universe" he gave a week smile and I felt his body stop.

His heart.

His body stiffened.

His head hung low.

"Draco please!" I cried holding his lifeless body against mine.

"I- we never got to have children, I never got to show you my dress, I never got to marry you! Draco darling please wake up!" I cried I pulled his body to mine. His blood rushing down my red dress. I felt Blaise come up to me and put his hand on my shoulder.

"No Blaise he can't be dead he can't!" I cried as I looked up and everyone was in a circle around the dance floor looking shocked and fearful.

"He is amber.. come on" he said as a tear rolled down his face.

"No! No! He's my everything I can't lose him I can't" I cried as i looked at Blaise and I fell back on the floor.

Shaking. Crying. My whole body in shock. My whole world coming down on me. The love of my life just died in my arms.. how? My head was spinning, the whole room was spinning.

I screamed in pain which I saw made everyone jump from how loud my screams where. I pulled my legs up to my chest and rocked back and forth. "This can't be real" I muttered to myself.

I felt Blaise pick me up bridal style. "Shhh it's ok" he said as I flinched from his touch.

"No I can't leave him I can't!" I shouted but Blaise kept walking. I could see tears rolling down his face and everyone's faces flowing my body in Blaise's arms as my screams filled the air from pain.

I cried writting this🤸🏼🚊