chapter 1

Seoul in February 2020

"Oh Haeun!"

The young woman flinched at her name being called loudly in the entrance hall of the Incheon International Airport.

She should have known, that her parents would never leave out a chance to let the world know that their dearest daughter was back. To be honest, Haeun hadn't seen them in person for nearly 10 years now.

At the age of 12 she was sent to France - alone - to attend an international school there. Of course, she stayed there to study at an university. If Haeun was being honest with herself, she would have never voluntarily returned to her family.

But here she was, back in Korea.

"Haeun! You have grown so much!" Her mother had arrived by her side and started to hug her.

Oh Haera, now 46 years old, looked at her daughter in awe. Haeun had grown into a beautiful young woman - just perfect to marry her off to some random chaebol heir.

Not only was her daughter in the perfect age for marriage, she also looked a lot like her mother when she was her age.

"Hello mother", the daughter greeted with less enthusiasm. Haeun tried to smile.

"Come with me, your father is waiting outside." With that being said Haera grabbed the wrist of her younger version and dragged her towards the exit.

Haera obviously didn't pay any attention to the pained hiss her daughter let out, when the fingers dug into the skin of her wrist.

Haeun's soulmate tattoo was still pulsating in an alarming blood red colour. The pain had decreased, but didn't stop yet.

"What is that?" Haera had finally noticed the red circle on her daughter's wrist.
"That, mother, is the reason why I came back."

A frown appeared on her mother's forehead. Her fingers warily traced the tattoo. Then she looked up - her eyes finding the honey orbs of Haeun. Her expression was as cold as ice.

"We have to remove that, Haeun."

I know the corona-virus fucked 2020 up pretty badly, but since this is an au, it will not exist here

I know the corona-virus fucked 2020 up pretty badly, but since this is an au, it will not exist here. I hope y'all have nothing against it.

I had a pretty rough weekend and the following weeks will not be easy for me at all, so just in case that I will forget to update, please forgive me.

~ 16.02.2021