chapter 8

He was exhausted to a point where he just simply wanted to sleep and not wake up for an uncertain time

But Jaehyun had no choice - the recordings for the new album were about to start in a few hours.

Sitting up on his bed Jaehyun pulled out his phone to check for new messages. Opposite to him sat his roommate Jungwoo on the second bed. To be honest, the furnishing of their room was a bit odd.

With a deep sigh he locked his phone again. There was nothing new. What exactly did he expect?

After he realised, that the soulmate tattoo had shifted Jaehyun had a reason more to not remove it. The only person he had accidentally touched was the girl he ran into at the doctor's.

He could search for his soulmate over the website where people  had the chance to look for their significant other. However, he doubted that he would find the right person - after all he was an idol. As soon as the sasaengs got wind of his finished soulmate tattoo he would get a flood of messages on Instagram with girls claiming to be the young woman he was looking for.

"You are over-thinking again, aren't you?" Jungwoo had observed his roommate with a watchful eye. Like any other of their bandmates he was concerned about Jaehyun. He barely ate, went to the gym on a daily basis after practice and barely slept.

The older male nodded. The over-thinking probably was a side effect of the now finished soulmate tattoo, but unfinished soulmate bond. Jaehyun had only read about it, but apparently one's thoughts will circle restlessly around the soulmate until the bond is finally completed.

"She would never remove the tattoo.", Jaehyun voiced out the thought that had sprung into his head. "Why should she come to Korea when we missed each other in Paris?"

Jungwoo wanted to comment something, but Jaehyun continued to rant.
"And there were two women. So either her friend wants to remove the tattoo and she was only the emotional support, or... Or she is forced to do it!" Jaehyun jumped to his feet.

"Ya! Calm down hyung!" Jungwoo called out in an attempt to silence the talking man.
"Just stop over-thinking. In the end you don't know what's up until you meet her."

"So you think that I will be able to meet her?"
Jaehyun's face lit up a bit. It wasn't even intentionally. The part of his soul that was longing for it's significant other was strong.

"We will find a way."

I'm starting to see plotholes everywhere, but please bear with me :3

~ 13.03.2021