Chapter 20

* cue sad music

Jaehyun couldn't believe it

She had removed it.

After he had suddenly fainted during practice about a week ago, his members were on the edge. They knew about his desire to meet his soulmate. And now his soulmate had not only stood him up, but also removed her tattoo.

"I still think it is suspicious", mumbled Johnny after Jaehyun had poured out his heart to him.
"I mean, she obviously wanted to meet you."

"Yeah, but in the end she didn't come", Jaehyun spat out. His complexion was pale and made everyone around him worry.

"There is probably an explanation for everything." Johnny tried his best to reassure his friend, but he failed - and he knew it.

》☆《

Haeun silently sat in between her parents. Her eyes were glued to the tiny steak that her mother had ordered for her. She wasn't hungry at all.

These haute cuisine restaurants were something that she had despised as a child. She still did. Aside from the ridiculous little amount of food on her plate, Haeun had the feeling that she couldn't breathe in the dress her mother had forced her into. Of course, the black dress made her look stunning, but her facial expression gave her away.

Across the table sat Song Jungki. He was a nice guy, but there was something missing - the fact, that this young man wasn't her soulmate.

Her eyes drifted down to her bandaged wrist. How was Yoonoh feeling? Was he hurt?
Haeun could still remember what he had texted her in the very beginning. Removing the tattoo would hurt the soulmate the most.

She unconsciously started to chew on her bottom lip.
The action didn't go unnoticed by her mother. The woman pinched her daughter's tigh under the table. Haeun didn't dare to let a painful whimper escape her lips.

Oh Haera was laughing 'wholeheartedly' at something that the father of Song Jungki had said.

"You are so right, Haera, your Haeun would look gorgeous in one of my cousin's wedding dresses. I can arrange an appointment for you", the stunning woman opposite to Haera chimed.

"That would be really nice of you", Haeun forced a smile and locked eyes with Kim Nari.
Song Jungki took this as his sign to say something himself.
"I bet you are going to look wonderful."

The young woman's gaze now settled on Song Jungki. He shot her a soft smile.
How could this man in front of her be so chill about all of this?

"You two are going to make such a great couple!" Haera gushed over two young adults.

Yes. A great couple that was going to have a fucked up relationship because they were hurting their significant other. Just marvellous.

welcome to the Haera hate club

welcome to the Haera hate club. get your tickets at the entrance please.

btw can you belive that today is the last day of April already?

~ 30.04.2021