Chapter 25

Haeun had been right

Haeun had been right. The day was exhausting.
First of all, the dress her mother chose wasn't that bad, but Haeun wouldn't admit it to Haera.

The, after the dress fitting, Haera insisted to have dinner with Song Junki's mother Kim Nari and her cousin. The two other women were nothing but nice to Haeun.

They had heard about her feeling a bit unwell and seemed actually interested in her. If only for the reassurance, that Jungki would have a wife that could bear him a bunch of healthy children or because they were actually interested in her wellbeing was a secret to Haeun.

At the end of the day, Haeun was granted half an hour with her phone - because she behaved well.

The first thing Haeun did was calling Yejin.

"Haeun-ah!" The surprised shout of her best friend filled her ears. "How dare you to not show up here and not even contact me for nearly three weeks!"

"Sixteen days, Yejin", Haeun mumbled under her breath. "I'm sorry", she chocked out.
Haeun couldn't help it - the tears were already falling.

"I don't have much time right now, Jinnie. I'm going to send you the number of Jimin. Tell the girls that I am fine and that they don't need to worry. I will be back soon."

"What do you mean, Haeun?"

Haeun didn't respond. She was busy sending Yejin said number.

"The invitation to my wedding should be arriving tomorrow. I would be really happy if there was at least one person at the ceremony who cares for my wellbeing. You can bring a plus one if you want to. I am hanging up now. Love you, Jinnie." Haeun ended her little speech.

Before she hung up, she could hear her friend shout "Yah! Oh Haeun! A wedding?!"

When Haeun looked for the app symbol of the soulmates.com chat app, she couldn't find it. It was gone. Someone had deleted her account. There was no way she could contact Yoonoh now.

A sad smile formed on her lips.

There was no way back.

things are heating up

things are heating up... I guess