chapter 14

"So, how is having a soulmate?"

Jaehyun looked up from his phone to see Johnny hovering over him with a kind of creepy smile plastered on his face.

The younger idol quickly locked his phone and placed it next to himself on the ground.

"Pretty cool, I guess", Jaehyun answered vaguely.

"You guess?", Yuta piped up after appearing next to Johnny.

"What's her name?" Taeyong crawled over from the spot he had been sitting to make himself comfortable next to his friend.

"Oh Haeun", Jaehyun answered with a small smile, his ears turning red slowly.

An uhhh came from Haechan who somehow happened to eavesdrop on the conversation. The youngest member of NCT 127 wiggled his eyebrows, making Jaehyun even more embarrassed than he already was. His ears were already starting to redden.

"Snap out of it!" Doyoung stepped next to the maknae and smacked his head with lots of love.

"Isn't Oh Haeun the name of the manager of the upcoming girl group?" Taeil asked the others with a frown on his face.

Somehow Jaehyun's members kept appearing out of nowhere and the space around him got crowded. Jungwoo and Mark had managed to casually kneel themselves next to Taeyong.

"There are probably hundreds of Oh Haeuns out there, I wouldn't get my hopes up if I were you, Jaehyun", Doyoung remarked.
If it wasn't for the younger idol knowing what Haeun did for a living, he would have seen it this way too.

Jaehyun's facial expression had morphed from embarrassed to thoughtful.
If it was really his Oh Haeun, that worked as a manager for the new girl group, she would probably be in the same building like him at some point.
Would the red thread also appear when they were on different stories of a building?

Mark was the one who broke the heavy silence that hovered over the group like thick fog.
"How do you even know what the manager's name is, hyung?"

"I heard our managers talking about it. It was actually surprising to them, as Oh Haeun has only worked for SM for a few months", the oldest member explained in his gossip-mode.

Mark nodded. "Interesting."

"Sooo, how do we know if this Oh Haeun ist Jaehyun hyung's soulmate?" Jungwoo looked in the round with sincere interest written all over his face.

Jaehyun was about to speak, when he felt like losing his breath for a second. His vision blurred. He blinked rapidly.

When he finally gained back his clear vision, Jaehyun's eyes widened in shock.

"What is it?", Taeyong asked, his voice full with worry.

"You are not seeing this, aren't you?"

"What is he talking about?" Haechan frowned, studying his friend to get some answers.

Jaehyun didn't answer.

Of course they couldn't see it.
It was only meant to be seen by him.

A thin red thread was leading away from his tattoo to an unknown destination.

His soulmate was in the building.

dun dun duuuuun

~ 12.04.2021