epilogue

17

17.11.2020
-
about three months after the cancelled wedding

Haeun watched her protégées react to their first music video with a motherly smile.

The girls have had a few rough months preparing for their debut and now they were finally rewarded with a phenomal outcoming.

While the girls were still gushing over the mv, the door to their practice room opened. Haeun didn't even need to turn around to see who it was. The tingling sensation on her right wrist had already told her.

The young woman's feeling was confirmed when the four freshly debuted idols jumped up and bowed to the person coming inside.
"Senior!"

Jaehyun grinned at their behavior. "How many times should I tell you to call me oppa?" He didn't sound frustrated, it was obvious that he was joking around to untense the awkwardness in the room.
Even though he and Haeun met up frequently in the presence of the girls, it was still a bit weird to them. Especially since the day when he had been accompanied by Lee Donghyuck who had made some sly comments about 'being glad that he didn't found his soulmate yet, because he doesn't want to be a lovesick fool'.

From the way Haeun and Jaehyun were acting one could definetly mistake them for lovesick teenagers.

After the whole wedding desaster about three months ago, the soulmates had finally found peace. Haeun had (obviously) broken off relations with her mother once and for all, wheras her father had filed a petition for divorce. Father and daughter now lived together in a two-story apartment near Yejin's.

Talking about Yejin, she was currently having a lot of stress due to filming a new drama which would be aired in December.

You might be asking yourself how Haeun reacted to Jaehyun revealing his profession. Well, she took it better than he would have expected. Haeun wasn't exactly mad about him lying to her, after all he was her soulmate and she couldn't stay mad at him for too long. She ignored the fact that he had lied to her for the sake of their blossoming relationship (and because he bought her all the food she craved).

Jaehyun pulled Haeun out of her thoughts when he wrapped his arms around her waist and pressed a kiss onto her forehead. The girls rolled their eyes at the display of affection.

"I brought you something to eat and drinks", the senior idol announced after turning his attention back to the younger girls. Jaehyun gestured towards the small table at the entrance that was indeed packed with multiple white bags. The girls thanked him and quickly shuffled over to see what their manager's boyfriend had gotten them.

Yes, their manager's boyfriend.
Jaehyun had taken Haeun out on a few dates in September and then asked her to be his girlfriend during a Captain America marathon. Haeun had been ready to pledge her loyalty to James Buchanan Barnes, but since this man was only fictional and her very own and very real soulmate next to her had (finally) asked her to be his girlfriend, she had obviously agreed.

"When are you coming over tonight?" Haeun turned away from her protégées, who were happily munching the cake that their senior had bought them, to look up to Jaehyun. He was already looking down, so their eyes met. The woman couldn't help but blush at his intense gaze.

"I'm coming around 7", he replied, the conrners of his mouth tugging upwards into a smirk at the suddenly rosy hue appearing on his girlfriend's cheeks.

"Dad is making dinner", she tried to avert his attention from her cheeks to the upcoming little event with her father. The idol only smiled at her. "I know."
She licked her lips at his burning gaze and tried to turn away. He never failed to make her nervous, even after two months of relationship.

"Stop it", she whispered, then turning her head to see if the girls were still busy with the treats.

"Stop what?" Haeun nearly jumped when she turned around again. He had leaned forward a bit, his gaze flickering in between her eyes and her lips.

"You know exactly what I mean. We are at work", the young woman breathed out.

"I don't care. Give me a kiss, love", Jaehyun mumbled.
Not being able to resist any longer, Haeun heaved a sigh.
"I doesn't look like I've got a choice."

Their lips joint for an affectionate kiss.

This story literally went from 📈  to ----- really quick

So, that's all, folks. Thank you for reading and voting and all the comments. I really appreaciate it. ♡

I hope you had a great time reading!

Questions for the author. (I dunno, but if y'all want to ask something, feel free to ask.)

I am finishing this on May 12th 2021 with 314 reads.
I will publish the chapter about the soulmate system soon!

Until next time. Neva ♡

🎉 You've finished reading 𝑾𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔 / 𝑗𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝑗𝑎𝑒ℎ𝑦𝑢𝑛 🎉