chapter 12

"We would like you to become the manager of the new girl group

"We would like you to become the manager of the new girl group."

Haeun's eyes widened and her heart rate accelerated. They wanted her to be a manager for an idol group?
"With all due respect sir, I have only managed companies until now. There are other employees that would be far more qualified for this job than I am."

Next to Haeun her boss sighed before speaking up. "Miss Oh, you do have the qualifications to become the manager of the girls. Since you have shown a great work moral during the nearly three months you have been employed, I proposed you to Mr. Kim. We have no doubts that you can be a great addition to the management team of the group."

It was a proposal Haeun couldn't reject. Everybody's expexting eyes were still on the young woman and she couldn't help but look at the four trainees at the other and of the table.
Then she looked back at her boss.

"I will do it."

》☆《

After the meeting Haeun needed a break.

She had gotten a new schedule and would move into the offices of the building where the members of the new girl group would train.

Mentally exhausted Haeun sat down on a bench and unlocked her phone. She got a few new messages from Yejin, her mother (again) and an email. The latter caught her attention - it was from soulmates.com.
She immediately opened it.

》💌《

~ CONGRATULATIONS, we found your match!
see more details

》💌《

Haeun clicked on the link and was redirected to soulmates.com. A name and a link were written on the site.

》💌《

Jung Yoonoh
want to chat? click here

》💌《

A relieved smile spread on her face. Yoonoh.
Somehow she felt more relaxed than before. Her soul seemed to rest for the moment at the thought of her uniting with her soulmate soon.

She would text him as soon as she got home.

pls don't ask me what month the story takes place now

pls don't ask me what month the story takes place now... I am sincerely confused myself...
I guess it's about June/July 2020 now...

~ 05.04.2021