chapter 3

Haeun quietly stared at her wrist

"Miss Oh." Her name was called by the nurse, who was standing in the doorframe of the waiting room.
Next to Haeun, her mother jumped to her feet, obviously euphoric that it was finally their turn.

Haeun stood up slowly. She didn't want any of this.

"Believe me, Haeun-ah, your life will be much easier without that tattoo. I don't have mine anymore either", Haera rambled, while she literally dragged her daughter behind her to match the pace of the nurse.

"As soon as you are free, you will meet Jungki. He is a really nice young man", Haeun's mother continued to talk.

The young woman didn't bother to listen to the older woman rhapsodizing about her future. Haera wouldn't leave her alone with it. It was exhausting to the point that Haeun wished she would have just stayed in Paris.

During the last few weeks that Haeun had been living at her parent's, all the talk during dinner had been about the potential wedding of Haeun herself and the chaebol heir Song Jungki. No matter how often she had tried to contradict her parent's plans, they had already set their minds on marrying her off.

If there was one thing that Haeun had learned from the nearly ten years in Paris, it was to be independent and to treasure this independence. Now that her parents were threatening to take over her life, she saw her independence slowly slipping out of her bare hands. It scared her.

The door to the examination room was pulled open from the inside and a man with face mask stormed outside. He accidentally bumped into Haeun while he tried to leave as fast as possible. He didn't even stop to apologise. In any other situation Haeun would have called him rude, but now she was simply afraid of what was waiting for her inside.

The young woman turned to look at her mother, fear evident in her eyes. There had to be a reason why the man recklessly fled the room and Haeun honestly didn't want to find out why.

"You can come in."

Haera pulled her daughter after her into the examination room, then the chamber of horrors closed.

Double update because I forgot to update the last two Tuesdays :)

I hope you like it until now ^^

~ 05.03.2021

𝑾𝒆 𝒎𝒆𝒆𝒕 𝒊𝒏 𝑷𝒂𝒓𝒊𝒔 / 𝑗𝑢𝑛𝑔 𝑗𝑎𝑒ℎ𝑦𝑢𝑛On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara