Chapter 26

The day of the wedding had arrived

A bride should be happy on her wedding day. Well, Haeun was everything but a happy bride.

The last three weeks had been nerve-wracking. Haera and Nari had done most of the planning, but still asked Haeun's opinion for every little detail. Sure, she was honoured that she had the chance to decide at least a little bit on the most important day in her life, but it just didn't feel right.

Haeun had met Song Jungki for about three or four times. He was a nice young man. However, that was everything she had to say about him. He had been talking a lot about business and how he wanted to expand to China. All Haeun did when they met up, was force a smile and nod at everything Jungki said.

If this was how her life was going to be, dieing was definitely the better option.

Haeun stood in the middle of a busy room, dressed in her wedding gown nevertheless. The amount of stylists her mother and Nari had organised was astounding.

Haera had insisted for all of the women to get ready together. Haeun had simply shrugged her shoulders, while Nari had gushed over the imagination of more bonding time with her future family.

"Okay everyone, we have an hour left!"

Haeun sighed and looked at herself in the mirror. Her dull eyes stared right back at her. The stylists had done a great job at hiding Haeun's pale complexion and the huge eyebags.

"Haeun, are you ready?" Her father stepped into the room after knocking on the door to assure himself that everybody was dressed.

"I am, dad", she replied with a little smile.

"Let me take you somewhere for a few minutes. I guess you mother is going to be okay with it", he demanded softly.
Haera shot him a hard glare, but agreed with a nod.

After letting out a breath she didn't know she was holding, Haeun darted outside before her mother was able to change her mind.

"You look beautiful, Haeun-ah", her father gushed. "It would be nice to see you shining as bright as the white of this dress."

The young woman smiled tight-lipped.

"I have someone waiting for you", Lim Woobin said with a smile while he lead Haeun towards a door. "This someone missed you very much."

Haeun's eyes lit up. Yejin!
She pushed open the door and came face to face with her best friend.

"Yejin!", Haeun cried out and the friends hugged tightly. "I missed you so much. Sorry for worrying you."

Yejin laughed softly. "Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. Now let me look at you!" The older woman carefully pushed her friend away so that she could get a proper view of her best friend on her wedding day.

"Stunning. You could use a dose of happiness to lift your face, but its alright I guess." Yejin winked at Haeun, who only rolled her eyes at the comment.

"Well, I have a little surprise for you!"
With those words Yejin sneaked around Haeun towards the door, where Woobin was waiting.

"What are you doing, Yejin?" Haeun called out.
When the door was closed, she was quick to rush forward and rattled the doorknob.

Outside, Woobin hid the key in his jacket and turned to face Yejin.

"Are you sure that this is a good idea?"

The banging against the door made both of them flinch.

"No, but I only want what is the best for her."

Well

Well...

~ 06.05.2021