Chapter 29

"Get away from my fiancée!" It was Song Jungki

It was Song Jungki. His chest rising up and down in a fast pace and his normally neat hair was a mess. He had been running.

Haeun and Yoonoh broke apart quickly and he shoved her behind himself. The small gesture warmed her heart and she couldn't help but curse Jungki silently for interrupting them.

"She is my soulmate", Yoonoh argued. He was ready to fight. His shoulders were tense and his hands were clenched to fists.

"Well, the joke's on you man. I get to marry her anyways", the chaebol heir sneered.

This would have been enough to sent the idol over the edge, but Haeun laid an arm onto his shoulder and reassuringly squeezed it. She moved next to Yoonoh.

"You never asked if it was my wish to marry you, Jungki", Haeun said, her eyes burning holes into the man opposite to the couple.
She was united with her soulmate. Haeun might have been weak a few weeks ago, when she thought she had lost the chance to ever meet him, but now, with Yoonoh by her side, she felt reborn.

"I doubt that your opinion on this arrangement matters, Haeun. You will have a good life."
The groom came into the room with heavy steps.

"Of course her opinion matters!" The other man called out. Haeun bit her lower lip. If not for a miracle, she feared that the men were going to tear each other apart. Where were Yejin and her father when they were needed?

"She is a woman, man. They are good to look pretty next to you and she will do it just right. I mean, look at my mother, she-" Jungki got interrupted by someone clearing their throat loudly.

"Yes, Song Jungki, continue. What about me?" Kim Nari had somehow managed to follow the noisy conversation. She couldn't believe her ears. The words that were being said by her sweet son hurt her.

Haeun's eyes widened and she drew closer to Yoonoh.

"Haeun-ah", Nari now laid her eyes on the bride. The sorrow was evident in her voice. "What is the meaning of this?"

The young woman gulped.
"This is my soulmate, Jung Yoonoh", she introduced the man next to her to her future mother-in-law.

"Your soulmate?" The woman frowned. "Your mother told me he left you behind."

Haeun and Yoonoh shared a look. "He didn't leave me behind. My mother abducted me to remove the tattoo. I didn't want any of this to happen." Haeun vaguely gestured towards Jungki.

"So this is not what you want?" Nari seemed surprised, but was quick to hide it. "Well, it seems like I have to hold a conversation with your mother..."
The woman shook her head and turned around to leave - of course, only after grabbing Junki's arm and dragging him with her.

The couple shared a look again.

"I guess the wedding is called off."

before someone comes at me like 'how did she not see that haeun didn't want this' - people only see what they want to see

also, I am very tempted to write a jeno story again... stream hot sauce y'all

~ 10.05.2021