Chapter 23

Because it is about your soulmate

With those words ringing in his head, Jaehyun walked through the empty hallways. Why was he even bothered by the girls eventually knowing something he did not know.
He didn't want to know anything about his former soulmate. Haeun was as good as dead to him.

Jaehyun's feet were moving towards the meeting point anyways.

The idol pushed open the door to an empty room. Well, it was not fully empty. The two girls from lunch and two additional girls were already sitting on the floor in front of the mirror.
As soon as Jaehyun stepped into the room the girls jumped to their feet and bowed to their senior.

"So, what do you know?" Jaehyun didn't even bother to beat around the bush.

"We think we know who your soulmate is", the same black haired girl from lunch started to talk.
Jaehyun interrupted her, "Was. Who my soulmate was."

The girls gulped and if it wasn't already awkward, it was now.

"Yeah, uhm... Our manager was your soulmate."

He nodded, but didn't sound overjoyed as he answered. "I had suspected it. So what?"

"You want proof?" The girl with blonde hair asked rhetorically. In a matter of seconds Jaehyun had a phone in his hand with a picture of the four girls and a fifth person in the frame. The fifth person smiled while doing a V-sign with on of her hands. The very same tattoo that was under his left collarbone adorned her wrist.
There was no doubt - this young woman was Oh Haeun, his soulmate.

She looked happy on the picture. His heart clenched painfully. He gasped softly and put a hand onto his chest.

"Are you okay?" He came face to face with the girl that hadn't said anything until now.

"Why are you telling me this?", he pressed out the question. He was in two minds - his soul still wanted to meet its soulmate (even the removal of the tattoo didn't change the fact that they were still soulmates), and Jaehyun himself didn't know what he wanted anymore.

"We weren't sure about our theory, but then unnie suddenly disappeared and you started to look sickly, so we figured."

Jaehyun frowned. "What do you mean by she suddenly disappeared?"

"About two weeks ago unnie didn't want to eat lunch with us", Jimin started and was interrupted by Aeri's comment "She was pretty excited about something."
Jimin sighed before she continued. "Yes, she was. However, someone told her to pick up our lunch before she took her break." The girl went silent and her shoulders hung low.

The other three girls looked the same. Guilt was written all over their faces.

"She didn't come back", Minjeong chocked out.
"The other managers received a call shortly afterwards that excused her from work for the next month."

"She didn't contact us until now. Even her best friend tried to reach out to us - Haeun didn't come home. So we tried to find her soulmate. We knew that he was from SM, but I only remembered yesterday, that you have legalised your name to Jung Yoonoh and that is the name of Haeun's soulmate. Since there aren't any other Jung Yoonohs around SM it could only be you", Yizhou mumbled.

"And do you want to know the worst about all of this? Haeun unnie didn't want to go out alone. She told us that her mother would certainly try to abduct her. Well, it seems like she was right", Aeri continued.

"We should have ordered delivery", Jimin whined.

"So what you are saying is, that Haeun's mother abducted her and nobody has seen her ever since?" Jaehyun summarised the information.
The girls nodded.

"God!" The idol shouted and couldn't help but laugh. This whole situation was ridiculous.
Haeun even told him that her parents wanted her to remove the tattoo. How could he be so stupid to believe that she would ditch him and remove it voluntarily?

The group watched their senior go from a serious expression, to laughing like he couldn't belive it, to nearly crying.

At the end of the day everything that mattered to Jaehyun was, that Haeun had wanted to meet him. Even with her removed soulmate tattoo he would certainly find a way to reach out to her.

a quick real talk about the 5th episode of 7llin' in the dream

a quick real talk about the 5th episode of 7llin' in the dream... am I the only one who thinks the concept of letting the people who lost beer-pong (and in conclusion had to empty all of the cups - at least that's the way we play it where I come from) clean up is a bit messy? Like, they are probably a bit tipsy and you don't let a tipsy person clean up - they might break something...
I don't know how much each member can drink, but yeah, that's my opinion xD

and Jisung... how is he so good at this game?

~ 04.05.2021