chapter 6

Jaehyun stopped running as soon as he reached his manager's car

"You look disturbed", the older male remarked when the idol took off his face mask. Jaehyun simply nodded while still trying to catch his breath.

Without asking further questions the manager drove Jaehyun back to the dorms.

During the 30 minute drive the idol couldn't help but feel relieved. He didn't know why.
The appointment at the doctor who had specialised on removing soulmate tattoos didn't go very well.

Dr. Min had told him a few of the most frequent side effects. They were nausea, depression and the constant feeling of emptiness.
However his soulmate, whoever she was, would have to bear consequences too. Aside from the same emptiness, she would feel pain when he removed the tattoo and the pain would return every few months just to remind her that her soulmate didn't want the bond and abandoned her.

Jaehyun had been sure about his decision before, but now he was reconsidering it. Was he really able to hurt an individual that much and permanent?

The idol had to think about the bad examples for soulmates in history. There were many occasions on which the soulmate bond managed to turn whole nations or kingdoms upside-down. Shakespeare even wrote a play about it.
That had been the reason for scientists to look for a way to 'relieve' humans of the burden of their soulmates in the new age.

Jaehyun surely wouldn't turn Korea upside-down, but probably the world of his soulmate as soon as she would find out who he was. His soul seemed to calm down at the thought of him actually meeting the soulmate. For a few minutes the idol could actually close his eyes and doze off peacefully.

"We're here, Jaehyun", the manager announced. After thanking the older male the idol got out of the car and entered the building his dorms were in.

"How did it go?" His roommate, Jungwoo, was the first of his bandmates to approach him. Jaehyun shrugged his shoulders in answer.

"Will you do it?"

"I don't know."

I feel like my English has gotten really bad

I feel like my English has gotten really bad... xD

~ 10.03.2021