Chapter 27

"This is not funny! Dad! Yejin! Let me out!"Haeun shouted, while banging her fist against the door

Haeun shouted, while banging her fist against the door.

After she received no answer, Haeun sighed in defeat and turned around only to face a man.

The young woman gasped softly. How did she not notice the man's presence in the room?

"Who-", she started, but interrupted herself when she locked eyes with him.
An unfamiliar warm feeling was spreading in her body. Her heart rate accelerated.
Laying a hand on her chest she tilted her head to the side.

"Haeun", the young man breathed out and took a few steps towards her, careful to not scare her. "I am so sorry that I doubted you."

She frowned, still trying to process why this man made her feel so warm. Why should he doubt her - Haeun didn't even know this man.
But if she didn't know him, then why was he so familiar to her?

His hands started to slowly unbutton the white dress shirt.

"Whoa, slow down tiger. I am about to get married", Haeun covered her eyes. Weirdly, she wanted to watch how he unbuttoned his shirt. The man in front of her was hot, to say at least. The black smoking made him look classy - she was sure, that he would rock jeans and t-shirt in the same way.

"I only want to show you something. After that you can decide what to do", he explained with his soft, yet deep voice. If this man could sing he was sure as hell good at singing lullabies.

Still a bit unsure, Haeun slowly removed the hand from her eyes. The man had inched closer to her. Only the first few buttons of his dress shirt were opened. When he pulled aside the fabric of the shirt only enough for her to see his left collarbone, she gasped. Her hands flew over her mouth.

Haeun would have loved to faint, but then she would eventually wake up in a hospital again and this was not what she desired.

Right under the man's collarbone was a tattoo. The once black ink had faded a bit, but the motif could be still recognised. It was the same as her former soulmate tattoo.

The man in front of her was Jung Yoonoh.

me, 20, be like "omg, double updates every day"also me

also me... "nah, perfect time for a cliffhanger"

~ 08.05.2021