Chapter 24

She saw the red thread

She saw the red thread. If she would follow it, it would lead her to her soulmate.

Yoonoh. She wanted to see him.

Haeun couldn't help but feel sad - and she didn't know why.
Haeun followed the thread with quick steps. This time she would find him.

After waking for what felt like an eternity, she saw the broad back of a man. The thread was leading to him.

A wide smile spread on her face. "Yoonoh!", she called. Her heartbeat fastened and so did her steps.

When she had nearly reached her soulmate, another person stepped out of the shadows. Her mother, Oh Haera, stood in between Haeun and Yoonoh.

"I told you to remove it", she hissed.

Haeun shook her head. She wouldn't do it. Not, when she could literally see her soulmate.

"Never!", Haeun shot back.

Her mother only shook her head and started to laugh. The older woman took scissors out of the pocket of her coat.
The eyes of the young woman widened when she realised what her mother was about to do.
The scream became stuck in her throat when Oh Haera cut the thread and her soulmate disappeared.

Haeun's wrist started to burn - a black hole appeared instead of the tattoo.

"I taught you better than to disobey my orders, Oh Haeun", Haera taunted her. Oh, how badly Haeun wanted to wipe that smug grin out of her mother's face.

"Oh Haeun!"

Suddenly, her mother lifted the arm with the scissors up, only to throw it right at Haeuns heart.

》♤《

Haeun awoke with a scream. Her eyes shot open and she tried to calm her racing heart. The nightmares were ging to be her death.

"Oh Haeun!" The young woman frowned.
Was she still dreaming? Sadly not.
Her mother's figure drew closer to her when the woman noticed Haeun's opened eyes.

"Good, you are awake. Dress yourself, daughter, we are going to the fitting of your wedding dress."

Fitting? Wasn't Haeun supposed to select a dress first?

After seeing the confusion on her daughter's face, Haera sighed and explained, "I already chose a dress for you, child. Your taste wouldn't fit the occasion."

The occasion was a freaking wedding. Was her mother afraid that Haeun would turn up in nothing but her underwear?

"Yes mother", Haeun mumbled. There was no sense in arguing with the woman, since she didn't even have enough energy to walk around for an hour.

The day was going to be exhausting.

I actually finished writing so yeah ^^ double updates for the win ☆

~ 05.05.2021