Chapter 21

"Just shut up, Woobin!" Haera hissed

"All that I am saying is, that this wedding is way too rushed", Woobin shot back.

Haeun had listened to her parents arguing with each other for what seemed like an hour now.
She was laying on the hospital bed with her eyes glued to the ceiling.

Aside from her father, nobody seemed to mind her sickly complexion. The bags under her eyes had grown in the past few days.

She hadn't been allowed to use her phone for about a week now. She didn't had the chance to contact neither Yejin nor Yoonoh.

Yoonoh. He probably thought that Haeun had been playing with him.
Only thinking about him pained her. Yoonoh was probably hurting - more than she was.

The bandage around her wrist had been removed a few hours ago. The empty spot on her skin was taunting her, reminding her of the soulmate she would never meet.

"She is old enough, Woobin", Hera now fizzled.
Haeun asked herself if her parents thought she couldn't hear them or if her mother was just as ignorant as always.

"Yes, Haera. Haeun is old enough to make her own decisions", the man growled lowly.

Lim Woobin had taken care of his daughter during the one and a half week she had been staying at the hospital. The father and daughter had rebonded and Haeun had forgiven him. After all, the decisions had been made by her mother; from sending her to Paris to the marriage.
Actually, Haera had wanted to fly her daughter back to Seoul as soon as the girl finished school. However, Haeun had been an adult in France and therefore there had been no way that the mother could have taken legal actions to bring her home.

"Dad, my head hurts", the sickly looking young woman choked out. In a matter of seconds Woobin was by his daughter's side. He took her hand in his hand and started to soothingly rub the back of Haeun's hand. His other hand rested on her forehead.
"Haeun-ah, you're burning up", Woobin whispered concerned.

"I don't feel so good", Haeun mumbled under her breath. Her eyelids were getting heavy.

The last thing she saw before her world went black, was her mother's reproachful gaze lingering on her.

I gotta get this off my chest...
I have said this before, but I just feel like my writing has gotten really bad. There are so many things that I want to express and simply can't, because I don't know how to do it in the right way. My main problem is, that I am not overly confident in my English grammar skills. :c

~ 03.05.2021