chapter 11

It had been about two months since Haeun had registered at soulmates

It had been about two months since Haeun had registered at soulmates.com and she had a hard time hiding her disappointment. There had been no news from the site until now.
Maybe her soulmate would remove the tattoo without even trying to find her, even though the wish to find the soulmate was part of the human nature.

It was still a mystery to science, what the exact reason for the inner wish to meet the soulmate was. The soul itself was something you couldn't grasp and explore by disassembling.

That's why removing the soulmate tattoo might be possible, but the effects on the soul would remain. It was simply a step to calm the conscience. Nobody really cared for what came after the removal.
Maybe the reason for the cold hearted actions of Haeun's parents were their missing soulmate tattoos.

Even though Haeun would have loved to stay in bed and think about every possible reason why she didn't meet her soulmate yet, she needed to go to work. After all, money doesn't make itself.

And that's where she was at, when her phone vibrated to signal a new message. Haeun's coworker glared over the monitor of his computer.
Ahn Sungmin was a middle aged man, that probably hated children and young people. Haeun assumed this after she had been in the subway with him and he had recklessly shoved a kid out of his way.
At least he wasn't in the same team as Haeun.

"Miss Oh?", her boss, a very nice woman in her mid thirties, called her from the meeting room.
"Coming!", the rookie worker responded and locked her computer, wondering why she had been called.

When she arrived at the meeting room she was stunned for a few seconds. Four gorgeous young women sat at the end of the table. They were probably only a few years younger than Haeun herself.
Haeun quickly greeted the present colleagues with a bow to hide her surprised expression and sat down next to her boss. Did she do something wrong?

"Now that everyone is present, let us begin." A man spoke and then stood up to step in front of a screen. After a few seconds the words new girl group appeared on the screen. Haeun suppressed an understanding sound, though, it still didn't answer the question why exactly she was called into the meeting.

As the speaker presented the concept of the new girl group, which would go by the name æspa, Haeun couldn't help but look at the girls again. They looked rather nervous, mirroring how the young worker herself felt.

After a while Haeun zoned out. She still held her gaze trained on the screen, but she didn't actually pay attention to what was happening around her. That changed quickly when her name was called.

"Miss Oh?"
"h- yes?" She blinked a few times and an uncomfortable smile appeared on her face as she felt the eyes of everyone in the room on herself.

"We would like you to become the manager of the new girl group."

I hope nobody is too confused about my soulmate system :)I was thinking about making an extra chapter to unravel it

I was thinking about making an extra chapter to unravel it. How would you like that?

~ 28.03.2021