chapter 7

Haeun had fled from her parent's house to her best friend's loft in Garosugil

"God, I can't believe that your parents actually want to force you to give up on your soulmate. Having a soulmate is the right of every living person", Yejin exclaimed and Haeun had to bring the phone away from her ear in fear of her eardrums bursting.

Yejin has always had a very loud voice. She did audition to become a trainee a few years ago, but the companies she auditioned for rejected her because her voice was "too powerful". That was a very nice description for a voice that could probably scare away an army - maybe Yejin would have made a good drill sergeant.

She became an actress instead. A successful actress. And that was also the reason why Haeun now was alone in the loft - Yejin was filming a new drama.

"You are exaggerating, Jinnie", Haeun tried to calm down her aggravated friend. "I mean, he himself probably wants to remove the tattoo or what other reason is there for hin to go to this special doctor? Tell me, Jin, why should I keep mine if there isn't any chance for me to recognise him?"

"Maybe he changes his mind as soon as he notices that the tattoo is finished", Yejin tried to give Haeun a reason to keep the soulmate tattoo.

Maybe it was because Yejin's own soulmate had left the girl hanging a year ago, after she left her for a man. Only because Ahrin's parents were homophobic and therefore would never approve of the girls being together.
So yes - maybe Yejin tried to force her best friend to at least attempt to be happy with her very own soulmate.

"If you think so", Haeun finally said, not fully convinced, but she didn't want to start a fight with Yejin. Not after everything the friends had to go through.

The long distance between Korea and France had strengthened the friendship. Yejin was the only friend Haeun had left after she had disappeared to Paris.

"Finding him should be much easier now that the bond is nearly finished. The red thread will appear whenever he's near you", Yejin continued.
Haeun snorted after hearing that. Of course, there would be a red thread that would lead her to her soulmate, but Seoul was big.

The chances of finding her soulmate in Seoul were approximately 1:10.000.000 - literally.

If you have questions regarding the soulmate system feel free to ask them

I'm trying to slowly guide you into my world without giving too much information at once ^^

~ 11.03.2021