36. CONFRONTATION

TORI

When Tori's alarm went off that morning, she still felt tired, which was due to the fact that she had tossed and turned for most of the night, which rarely happened to her.

But she knew this time it had happened because she was nervous about today.

She took a deep breath, and reluctantly got up from the bed, and right away went inside her bathroom to take a shower. Then she got dressed in her school uniform, and did her hair like she normally wore it to school: in a high ponytail.

Her nan was always telling her how pretty she looked in a ponytail, because it made her high cheekbones stand out, but honestly, Tori didn't see that when she looked in the mirror, and just wore the ponytail for comfort reasons.

When she was done, she made sure she had her stuff for school in her backpack, and also the clothes she had packed last night, which she would wear later today.

And that's when she finally went downstairs, where her entire family was; the twins were sitting in their high chairs, while her dad was feeding them both at the same time (they were eating solids now), and her mum was making breakfast.

"Hey" Tori said to all of them.

"Good morning, baby girl" Harry smiled "How did you sleep?".

"Alright" Tori lied, not wanting to explain why she hadn't slept well.

"Honey, remember to feed the cat" Louis told her.

"I know" Tori replied, because that was always the first thing she did when she came downstairs.

So she did that, and then she sat down at her usual spot at the kitchen island, just as her mum served breakfast for all of them.

"Thanks, mum" Tori told him, but honestly, she wasn't hungry at all.

"Eat up, honey, or you'll be late for school" Louis reminded her.

"Okay" Tori agreed, and started eating.

It had been a crazy last couple of weeks at their home; for starters, Tori's dad had stopped working in the city, and now he worked from home, in the studio he had made for himself, which meant he was always home now, and he seemed quite happy about the whole situation. And although Tori liked that her dad was there more, it felt weird, because never before in her life she had come home from school to her dad being there.

On the other hand, her mum had gone back to work, and she could tell he was stressed about it, and it was because of the babies, but the babies seemed fine, so Tori didn't really get why it stressed him so much to leave them for a few hours.

But still, she was trying her best not to do anything to add to his stress.

She managed to eat half her food, at which point she knew nobody was paying too much attention to her, because her dad was trying to feed whatever solid food he was giving to Evie, but she was spitting it all out, while her mum was breastfeeding Jamie (who had eaten all his solid food already), and at the same time, he was trying to eat his own breakfast.

So she got up and said she was going to brush her teeth, and when she came back downstairs, her mum gave her her lunch, and told her he would drive her to school on his way to work.

"Mum?" Tori said once they were in the car.

"Yes, honey?" Louis replied as he drove.

"I'm going to Lizzie's house after school today" Tori announced.

"That's fine, love" Louis agreed, as Tori knew he would, he never said no about going to Lizzie's "Dad or I will pick you up before dinner"

"Can you pick me up after? We have to do a school project and I think it will take a while" Tori explained.