10. AGAIN

Ever since that day in which Louis told his husband that he was ready to try again for another baby, they had been having sėx non stop.

And although Louis was more than a little anxious all the time about actually getting pregnant, he hadn't changed his mind about feeling ready for it to happen again.

It was mid March, so they had been trying for about 6 weeks, and that morning Louis woke up feeling a little nauseous.

His first thought as he took a few deep breaths to try to get rid of the nausea, was that the trying had worked, and that he was pregnant again.

But then he told himself that that might not be the case, that nausea could be caused by many other things, so not to get his hopes up yet. And so, he didn't say anything to his husband, as he didn't want to get his hopes up in vain either.

The nausea passed after he took a shower and had breakfast, but as he walked inside his workplace, it came back out of nowhere, and it was so bad, that he had to run to the bathroom, and he emptied his stomach in the toilet.

It took him about 20 minutes to get himself together, and during at least 2 hours he kept being nauseous, but he did his best to hide it from his patients, wanting to do his job properly.

But even as bad as the nausea was, it didn't quite convince Louis that he was pregnant. And he could've just taken a test there, or sent a urine and blood sample to be tested, but he didn't want to do that yet.

He was sure he wouldn't be able to beat a negative result, so he only wanted to take a test when he was sure what the result was going to be.

The next morning, Louis felt completely normal, and didn't have any pregnancy symptoms at all, which told him he had probably been right not to take a test, because most likely he wasn't pregnant.

But on Thursday, Louis woke up nauseous again, but it went away pretty fast, so he had a normal breakfast, and went to work like he normally did. But he regretted the breakfast when, mid morning, he felt nauseous again, and threw up everything.

So maybe he was pregnant after all?

When the exact same thing happened on Friday, Louis was pretty much convinced that he was if fact pregnant, and so he grabbed a pregnancy test from where they kept them, but instead of taking it home with him, he decided to take it to the bathroom.

He hesitated for a few minutes, wondering if maybe he should do this with Harry.

But what if it was negative?

He didn't want to see Harry's disappointed face if it was, he was sure it would kill him.

In the end he decided to just take the test and hope for the best.

It was the longest 3 minutes of Louis' life while he stared at the little screen, which had the image of a battery loading, and it was supposed to change when it was ready, and say 'pregnant' or 'not pregnant'. And as he waited, he tried his best not to let his imagination run wild, and not imagine a little baby in his arms.

Suddenly the little battery changed into just one word: 'pregnant'.

Louis' eyes filled with tears, while at the same time he grinned, because this was what he had wanted to see, and now that it was a reality, he was thrilled, and he couldn't wait to have it confirmed with a blood test, so he could tell Harry.